U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2019, 01:27 AM

1 posts, read 306 times

Advertisements

Let me start by saying my cat is attached to me. She sleeps on my head at night and if I leave the house she is not happy. She loves her dog brothers and the ones before them. She is our last cat and has always been pretty laid back and funny to be around. At night she likes to try to mess with me by grabbing my finger with her paw and biting me (Not hard) but she wants my attention. But, I had a full knee replacement in 2010 and my husband said that she started to pull her hair out and since I got home she has continued to do so. She has also had more litter (Crap-pee) than when we had four cats at one time. Now this has all been since 2017. The extra litter. She loves to lick plastic bags and she's just a mix of who knows what.
She has had a few times where she had gotten very thin and then we put her on a better diet but that did not change her pulling her hair out or her litter changes. Now she leaps onto my lap and pees on me. There was no good reason because she will also go outside to potty and the door is open for her and the dogs who were sleeping in their bed at the time.
I am at a loss and I am afraid with how her pee smells that there is something way more than I can afford to help her with.
I love her and sometimes it is best to let go than to find a way to keep one that is ailing in a way that you have no control to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 01:33 AM

40,074 posts, read 48,974,742 times
Could be caused by medical dog incontinence, or an emotional issue such as stress or a change in routine. You should see your vet to rule out any medical issue.

Here's a good info site on the subject...
https://petcentral.chewy.com/senior-dog-peeing-house/

Old 09-28-2019, 07:04 AM

6,365 posts, read 13,073,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK66 View Post
Let me start by saying my cat is attached to me. She sleeps on my head at night and if I leave the house she is not happy. She loves her dog brothers and the ones before them. She is our last cat and has always been pretty laid back and funny to be around. At night she likes to try to mess with me by grabbing my finger with her paw and biting me (Not hard) but she wants my attention. But, I had a full knee replacement in 2010 and my husband said that she started to pull her hair out and since I got home she has continued to do so. She has also had more litter (Crap-pee) than when we had four cats at one time. Now this has all been since 2017. The extra litter. She loves to lick plastic bags and she's just a mix of who knows what.
She has had a few times where she had gotten very thin and then we put her on a better diet but that did not change her pulling her hair out or her litter changes. Now she leaps onto my lap and pees on me. There was no good reason because she will also go outside to potty and the door is open for her and the dogs who were sleeping in their bed at the time.
I am at a loss and I am afraid with how her pee smells that there is something way more than I can afford to help her with.
I love her and sometimes it is best to let go than to find a way to keep one that is ailing in a way that you have no control to help.

Your cat should have been taken to the vet at the first sign of the copious pee in the box. Or the first indication that she lost weight. Or the first time she started pulling her fur out. She sounds like she's been ill for several years.

Take your cat to the vet. She may have kidney disease, diabetes, hyperthyroid, or any combination of these. She is clearly ill, has been for years, and most likely suffering, if she is so desperate to get through to you she pees on your lap.

Old 09-28-2019, 01:00 PM

9,575 posts, read 8,248,226 times
Absolutely get her to the vet ASAP. Also accept it might be time to help her gently slip away....

Old 09-28-2019, 01:03 PM

2,070 posts, read 413,287 times
I've never heard of a cat going to the bathroom right on someone. She must be very sick to do such a thing.

Old 09-28-2019, 01:52 PM

8,693 posts, read 6,136,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Your cat should have been taken to the vet at the first sign of the copious pee in the box. Or the first indication that she lost weight. Or the first time she started pulling her fur out. She sounds like she's been ill for several years.

Take your cat to the vet. She may have kidney disease, diabetes, hyperthyroid, or any combination of these. She is clearly ill, has been for years, and most likely suffering, if she is so desperate to get through to you she pees on your lap.

^^Exactly this^^.
If you can't afford vet care, try to find a rescue that has the resources to save her life. You would probably have to relinquish her to them, but at least she would be well & alive.
By peeing on you she is literally screaming for help.

Old 09-28-2019, 03:30 PM

4,351 posts, read 4,295,402 times
Agree w/ ALL above posters. PLEASE don't reply to us here & lose more precious time as we can't help other than say GO ASAP TO A VET NOW PLEASE!

Old 09-28-2019, 07:12 PM

2,229 posts, read 3,929,120 times
Inagreement with all of the above....I've had cats my whole life and the only time one peed on me was one it was having a diabetic seizure.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:44 AM

2,439 posts, read 2,238,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Agree w/ ALL above posters. PLEASE don't reply to us here & lose more precious time as we can't help other than say GO ASAP TO A VET NOW PLEASE!
This ^^^^^

Your cat may have several medical issues at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or