U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 05:34 PM

7,456 posts, read 13,088,043 times

Advertisements

So today I go buy some fun and exciting things like toilet tissue, and I bring it all inside my house, and I put the toilet tissue on the floor in the TV room near the passageway to the kitchen -- yeah, weird place I guess, but it was to remind me to take it upstairs the next time I went that way (have to go from the TV room through the kitchen to get to the stairs).

So my tiny guy Jack, who is the almost-3-year-old kitty that I got from a colleague in December 2016, comes from the kitchen to the TV room, which has a little alcove where the kitties' food is kept. And he sees the 12-pack of toilet tissue on the floor, and he backs up, then comes closer, then backs up, then makes as large a circle as he possibly can in order to go around it, as he stares at it the entire way. It was like he was thinking OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS IT IS SO SCARY IT IS GOING TO ATTACK ME ANY MOMENT

^^^ Clueless Jack when he was a baby (OK, he was a bit high on catnip in this picture! )

(Oh, this is the same kitty who is all lovey-dovey when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom -- he runs up the stairs to come join me, he rubs back and forth against my legs, he purrs his little head off as I pet him all over. But OUTSIDE of that bathroom, he is absolutely TERRIFIED of me -- even after 3 years. I am hoping he will get over it in the next few years ...)

So what weird things are YOUR kitties afraid of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 11:11 AM

3,625 posts, read 1,542,031 times
Ha ha - not getting fed is what scares my cat the most! Aside from that, she's fearless.

Old 10-12-2019, 11:21 AM

11,506 posts, read 5,341,537 times
The doorbell, the vacuum, strangers and sliding glass doors. When I let her in by opening the slider she hesitates, then runs through like she is being chased by a ghost. She was a stray and I've only had her since February so she is still feeling her way around. She actually let me pick her up the other day for the first time.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:40 PM

4,958 posts, read 3,362,251 times
Josette has been afraid of a speck on the floor. She will go over to inspect it and for no reason she will jump sky high. She has done this I don't know how many times.

Cat

Old 10-12-2019, 01:50 PM

21,039 posts, read 9,851,230 times
The bread machine. It goes on and off and cycles by itself and if the cat is anywhere near the kitchen she takes off an hides. Yet she's stood up to large German Shepherds and other big dogs that cower from her.

Old 10-13-2019, 03:53 PM

4,035 posts, read 7,681,773 times
"Ouch!"

We got our youngest (now 3) from a shelter when he was about 7 months old. We have never handled him roughly or spoken to him harshly. But if we say "ouch" he panics and runs. He can be relaxing happily in my lap, and as those claws go into my thigh I must not say "ouch." Not even softly - or he will panic.

Old 10-13-2019, 05:34 PM

4,351 posts, read 4,295,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
So today I go buy some fun and exciting things like toilet tissue, and I bring it all inside my house, and I put the toilet tissue on the floor in the TV room near the passageway to the kitchen -- yeah, weird place I guess, but it was to remind me to take it upstairs the next time I went that way (have to go from the TV room through the kitchen to get to the stairs).

So my tiny guy Jack, who is the almost-3-year-old kitty that I got from a colleague in December 2016, comes from the kitchen to the TV room, which has a little alcove where the kitties' food is kept. And he sees the 12-pack of toilet tissue on the floor, and he backs up, then comes closer, then backs up, then makes as large a circle as he possibly can in order to go around it, as he stares at it the entire way. It was like he was thinking OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS IT IS SO SCARY IT IS GOING TO ATTACK ME ANY MOMENT

^^^ Clueless Jack when he was a baby (OK, he was a bit high on catnip in this picture! )

(Oh, this is the same kitty who is all lovey-dovey when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom -- he runs up the stairs to come join me, he rubs back and forth against my legs, he purrs his little head off as I pet him all over. But OUTSIDE of that bathroom, he is absolutely TERRIFIED of me -- even after 3 years. I am hoping he will get over it in the next few years ...)

So what weird things are YOUR kitties afraid of?
U know how much Jack stole my heart yrs ago!lol

He must be unreal fun nowadays. I need him if you ever wanna will him to me

Hope all is ok

Old 10-13-2019, 06:35 PM

4,764 posts, read 11,550,521 times
Weasie (RIP) used to run like the devil whenever the vacuum cleaner was switched on. I think the pitch of the motor hurt her ears.

Old 10-14-2019, 02:00 PM

4,958 posts, read 3,362,251 times
Josette also runs whenever Hubby sneezes. To be fair, Hubby has the most violent sneezes.

Cat

Old 10-14-2019, 02:51 PM

2,439 posts, read 2,238,301 times
When Benny was younger he was freaked out by the bottoms of sneakers. If you were kneeling he would come up behind you and WHAP the bottom of your shoe. It was quite funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or