U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 01:09 PM

6,365 posts, read 13,075,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2019 View Post
I think cats are cute and smart. But last week the cat scratched me after it grabbed a plant and the vase dropped (didn't break) then all the water, marbles, and small rocks fell. The cat panicked and scratched me since I was holding her and was taking her to her room. Now I am taking antibiotics since I have a bruise and another bruising forming next to the scratches. I just came from the doctor. The cat was already given all of her shots. This cat is cute but it's time for her to go to the other house. I am not the owner of the cat. I was only supposed to take care of the cat for 2 weeks then my brother just kept her here but even after I told him to take the cat back to the other house he didn't listen. If he doesn't take the cat back I am going to tell my dad to take her back. I am going to miss the cat but my health is more important.

Perhaps she would be better off going into rescue since no one in your family seems to want her. Rescue can find a home for her where she will be loved and wanted. I know you are doing your best, but cats know when they aren't loved or wanted. Poor kitty, she must be so unhappy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2019, 03:18 PM

166 posts, read 39,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Perhaps she would be better off going into rescue since no one in your family seems to want her. Rescue can find a home for her where she will be loved and wanted. I know you are doing your best, but cats know when they aren't loved or wanted. Poor kitty, she must be so unhappy.

My brother's wife will take care of the cat better than he does. She has cats and dogs and trains them.

Old 11-05-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:

I hug the cat every day. I stopped after I got scratched.

Old 11-05-2019, 04:23 PM

6,365 posts, read 13,075,988 times
Quote:

Cats don't always want to be hugged. Some cats may see a hug as something negative in fact. Many cats do not like to be held against their will. They might like to sit on a warm lap, or chest, but not be held or hugged. I've only had two cats in all my years that actually enjoyed being picked up and hugged.

I'm not trying to criticize you. I understand you are dong the best you can, that this situation was not of your making and that you are not naturally a cat person. I'm just trying to help kitty, by offering advice/suggestions to you.

Quote:
My brother's wife will take care of the cat better than he does. She has cats and dogs and trains them.
I'm finding the family dynamic too complicated to spend a lot of time trying to figure out. Is this the person who is going to take the cat?

Does she actually WANT the cat? Kitty needs to be where she is wanted.

Is this cat used to living with other cats and dogs? All this passing her around is just not good for her. She needs a forever home, even if going to rescue first is the best way for her to find that.

Old 11-05-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Cats don't always want to be hugged. Some cats may see a hug as something negative in fact. Many cats do not like to be held against their will. They might like to sit on a warm lap, or chest, but not be held or hugged. I've only had two cats in all my years that actually enjoyed being picked up and hugged.

I'm not trying to criticize you. I understand you are dong the best you can, that this situation was not of your making and that you are not naturally a cat person. I'm just trying to help kitty, by offering advice/suggestions to you.

I'm finding the family dynamic too complicated to spend a lot of time trying to figure out. Is this the person who is going to take the cat?

Is this cat used to living with other cats and dogs? All this passing her around is just not good for her. She needs a forever home, even if going to rescue first is the best way for her to find that.

She is the one who found the cat in the streets crying. It's sad. But I tried to take care of the cat. I don't know why she gave her to my brother. She probably did because she has a lot of pets already included a horse. She needs to take care of the cat. It's theirs and not mine. I don't like having pets. I am too sensitive. I don't like when animals get sick or die. I have a bird feeder in my backyard and bird houses. All I have to do is feed the birds and clean the bird feeder once a week.

Old 11-05-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:

She started living in the other house, but she has lived here longer. The cat isn't mine. It's my brother and his wife's cat. I hug the cat when she wants to cuddle and she hugs me back. I pet the cat. Sometimes I can spend 5-10 minutes petting the cat then out of nowhere she will scratch me which is telling me she had enough. I only pet her when she wants to. I am the one who has spent the most time with the cat alone. I was cleaning the litter every other day because that's what I was told to do. I didn't know I had to do it every day but I have been doing it every day after reading the comments. My brother's wife had the cat and she gave it to the pastor then the pastor gave it back to her. I bought the cat a lot of toys so she won't get bored. I bought her mousr. It's considered one of the best toys for cats. I feed her, I play with her, I cuddle with her but ever since I got scratched I stopped cuddling with her and I try not to play with her too much because she sometimes scratches when I get close. She gets close to me to play. I like the cat, but pets are not for me because I am highly sensitive and I don't like when animals get sick or die. I have a bird feeder. I prefer having this than a pet.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:32 PM

1,499 posts, read 421,259 times
Quote:
The cat scratched you because it was afraid and being confined, and now you're terrified of it? (You went to the doctor? Really? Did the scratch go down to the bone or something??) On top of freaking out and practically autoclaving your entire body because you accidentally touched cat poop? Yes, cat ownership is not for you. (I assume you also don't have kids if you're this squeamish.)

Quote:
Apparently not, if she did not do so before.

I agree with everyone else, it sounds like your brother and his wife do not want the cat. Contact a local rescue and see about finding her a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or