U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 06:18 PM

4,349 posts, read 4,293,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Speaking for movinintime: She had I-131 treatment a number of years ago, so thyroid issues are unlikely. Fed a raw diet for so many years I would expect diabetes unlikely, too. CKD though, that can come even with a raw fed cat, especially one with a history of hyperthyroid disease, and one that has been through quite a bit of stress lately (eye removal surgery). Cats' kidneys are just so darn fragile.

Lets hope she's just got an infection and a course of antibiotics will clear her up. XXXX
TY al for clearing this up. Catsmom as usual excellent summation/backup

So vet called & ordered Zenequin at 1/2 tab of 25mg today. Picked up at noon & begun at 3pm. It is an antibio. If effective vs unknown strain bacteria ( won't know for sure til Tues, when our cat vet gets urine culture results from yest that I dropped off to her) we'll see if bacteria strain is correct treatment w/ Zenequin.

If no, she'll switch to another antibio to clear bladder infection. The Urine Spec. Gravity test level, reveal normal USG urine concentrate -- thus low chance of kidneyissue as of now, said vet.

More Thurs. Again..TY again all & Rene shout out to you too for kind concerns re this all.

Please keep paws crossed y'all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 12:00 PM

2,439 posts, read 2,236,630 times
Two points for cats mom! Hope she is better soon.

Old 11-07-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene S View Post
Two points for cats mom! Hope she is better soon.
TY as getting another pill (already takes Amlodipine since '12 for BP/high heart rate) & so another pill (only 10 days tho) makes me keep on my toes.

Old 11-12-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I have seen a very old cat reverse kidney disease by simply eating freeze dried bovine kidney. I would give him half a tablet of Kidney Cytotrophin by Enzyme Process twice a day with his food and his creatinine levels went from above normal to the low normal range and all his symptoms disappeared. I was also feeding a raw diet. Give it a try. Cats love the taste because it is organ meat. You don't really have to crush it like I did but if it is crushed it is easier for them to digest.
ANy worry of maltodextrin or other chemicals found in the product? If not, then I think it is a very good supplement. I'm leery re these additives causing additional probs tho but unsure, as I'm no chemical substance expert re cat health/nutrition. But TY much for this & will look into it alot more.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:11 AM

1,851 posts, read 519,118 times
Paws crossed!

Old 11-13-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraction View Post
Paws crossed!
TY much!

Old 11-13-2019, 04:29 PM

1,244 posts, read 267,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
TY al for clearing this up. Catsmom as usual excellent summation/backup

So vet called & ordered Zenequin at 1/2 tab of 25mg today. Picked up at noon & begun at 3pm. It is an antibio. If effective vs unknown strain bacteria ( won't know for sure til Tues, when our cat vet gets urine culture results from yest that I dropped off to her) we'll see if bacteria strain is correct treatment w/ Zenequin.

If no, she'll switch to another antibio to clear bladder infection. The Urine Spec. Gravity test level, reveal normal USG urine concentrate -- thus low chance of kidneyissue as of now, said vet.

More Thurs. Again..TY again all & Rene shout out to you too for kind concerns re this all.

Please keep paws crossed y'all.
Paws crossed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or