Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2020, 09:07 AM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times

Advertisements

It seems no matter where we live, lost cats will find us. When we first moved to his home, 18 months ago) there was an adult stray who visited every day, she was beautiful & very friendly I called her Lizzie, as she had a big furry ruff of fur around her neck. Then a Mama cat arrived, with 4 kittens. They take shelter under the house, I don't mind, it will help keep rats or mice away) Anyhow, we kept feeding them, they are feral, so cute & fun to watch. One is very tame, & lets us pet her when we go out the back door. ( She will become our pet) I called some organizations to try & get help with the neutering, because we ( or the neighborhood) don't need more feral cats. I only got one response, & made an appointment with the vets for this morning, not knowing how many we'd catch. DH opened the back door yesterday & the friendly grey tabby walked right on in, & made herself at home. She is so cute, wondering around the house & exploring everything. Bliane is fascinated & trails behind her, I hope they will become play buddies. Ginger lets it sniff & seems OK. Moon is staying on the sofa & just looking down her nose at everything, as normal.
Early this morning, DH set the humane trap, hoping to catch at least one more, he got 2!! So now, all 3 are headed to the vets for the operation. It will be interesting to find out which gender they are.

I am so relieved to have 3 of them neutered/spayed. Next to catch Mama & the other kitten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2020, 09:24 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,924,021 times
Way to go! Score of catching two at once! I've never done that myself. I've only ever caught the same one twice, LOL

Old 12-21-2020, 11:27 AM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
We caught 2 in the same trap before, years ago, I think some kittens run in pairs. I am just so relieved to have 3 of the 4 getting "fixed" Mama is going to be hard to trap as she is so wily, but I really do not want more kittens around. We are doing TNR, the ones who currently live under the house & in the back yard, can stay, & we will continue to feed them. They pay rent, left a dead rat a few weeks ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats