U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2018, 02:20 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,364,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
They may have a smaller brain but my guess is the .8 of it is geared to manipulating their 2 legged servants. They sleep when they want, play when they want, pretty much eat when they want. We, on the other hand, run around trying to find food they'll eat, comfy beds for them put in the correct spots, and supply lots and lots of toys.

Bigger brains don't mean smarter.
ha, no kidding. I'm fairly certain I'm not the only person who spends more time in the pet food section trying to find pets 1,2,3,4 and 5's favorites than in any other section of the grocery
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 05:06 AM

15,560 posts, read 9,584,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Along with nearly constant demands for physical and mental attention.

Actually I'd put the percentage at closer to .85 or .9 .

I won't disagree with that.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
ha, no kidding. I'm fairly certain I'm not the only person who spends more time in the pet food section trying to find pets 1,2,3,4 and 5's favorites than in any other section of the grocery
guilty.

and the cats I'm feeding are feral. No hugs, a couple I can pet while eating. maybe.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:06 PM

7,588 posts, read 5,099,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

Trust me............... you aren't.

And that's not counting having to go to different stores for different flavors & types.

Or getting down on your knees to dig way to the back of the shelf for last 3 cans of the current favorite, and hoping it's still the favorite when you get home.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:

And that's not counting having to go to different stores for different flavors & types.

Or getting down on your knees to dig way to the back of the shelf for last 3 cans of the current favorite, and hoping it's still the favorite when you get home.

something tells me you've had cats. Or maybe I should say you've been owned by a cat or two.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
something tells me you've had cats. Or maybe I should say you've been owned by a cat or two.
Twelve since 1985. My personal best is 7 at one time (not counting dogs).

Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:53 AM

11,694 posts, read 16,443,612 times
Quote:

I did the monkey the other day getting it off the top shelf. 36 cans later I realized it was tuna not salmon. Nothing like restocking.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
I did the monkey the other day getting it off the top shelf. 36 cans later I realized it was tuna not salmon. Nothing like restocking.

Oh yeah, I've done that more times than I can count. I wish the pet food people would stop relying on different colors to id all the different flavors & types they have. There doesn't seem to be enough variety of colors in there labeling dept. to cover all of them. I've lost count of the times I've grabbed the wrong one simply because the color was nearly identical to the one I wanted ( Fancy Feast turkey prime filets and Salmon & Shrimp pate for example). And of course, the mistakes you bring home will not be on the "maybe I'll eat it some day" list, so you're stuck with it. How about the pet food companies do away with the fancy graphics and just make the printing on the label big enough to actually see. Us cat wranglers need all the help we can get sometimes.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:10 AM

14,570 posts, read 10,148,267 times
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KbuuDxAE3...y_the_Cat_.jpg

Bobby the Orange Cat strays from Montana to Nevada
Bobby the cat went missing from Montana more than a year ago. Last month, he surfaced in Nevada.
The orange tabby was taken in as a stray at Fallon Animal Control on Sept. 25. They scanned his microchip and found he belonged in Big Sky Country.
The guilty puss
“We aren’t sure how he got here. We do have some theories,” said Angela Rudolph of the SPCA of Northern Nevada.
Bobby’s owner, Kyle Preston of Great Falls, told SPCA there’s a railroad track across from his house. He suspects Bobby might have somehow hopped onto a train and came all the way to Nevada.
He's a cat hobo. What are the odds he does it again, now that he's had a taste of the hobo lifestyle?

Old 10-07-2018, 08:16 AM

13,295 posts, read 7,290,471 times
Kitty Kats are great. I was over at a friends house yesterday, and had three on me at one time. Then the dog wanted to climb on me. I am a GD pet magnate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats