Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 07:19 AM

460 posts, read 1,877,029 times

Advertisements

Though this may be an unusual place to post this message, I'm trying to reach as wide an audience as possible in hopes of getting some helpful replies.

After 8 years, circumstances dictate that I give up my 8 year old male seal-point Siamese. This is a pet quality purebred. I have already put out some feelers to catteries in my area for advice but this will have to be done quickly (i.e., within the next week) or I will have no choice but to relinquish him to the local pound (which I really don't want to do).

If you have knowledge or know of people that do Siamese rescue and will take cats that are NOT of their own organization, please private mail me and let me know. I am looking to place with an organization as opposed to a privat placement (i.e, free to a good home) because,again, circumstances do not allow time for that.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:41 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying2moveup View Post
Though this may be an unusual place to post this message, I'm trying to reach as wide an audience as possible in hopes of getting some helpful replies.

After 8 years, circumstances dictate that I give up my 8 year old male seal-point Siamese. This is a pet quality purebred. I have already put out some feelers to catteries in my area for advice but this will have to be done quickly (i.e., within the next week) or I will have no choice but to relinquish him to the local pound (which I really don't want to do).

If you have knowledge or know of people that do Siamese rescue and will take cats that are NOT of their own organization, please private mail me and let me know. I am looking to place with an organization as opposed to a privat placement (i.e, free to a good home) because,again, circumstances do not allow time for that.

Thanks in advance for any help.
sent you a DM, hope it helps

Old 05-24-2008, 12:07 AM

469 posts, read 1,155,762 times
Go to theCatsite. com and post there. There are alot of good people over there who can help you and guide you in the right direction.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
You can also check out Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten., there are Siamese rescue groups on there, I found one down here in my area of Florida. If you do a search like you ware wanting to find a Siamese, it will bring up foster groups that take in only Siamese and Siamese mix cats.

I am sorry your having to give up your pet.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,593 times
Hi, Where are you located. I am looking to rescue a kitty...

Please call me. 301-855-5512

Thank you

Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,603,721 times
Hulce, it looks like this is an old thread, started in '08... but if you're looking to rescue a kitty you may want to check petfinder.com or visit your local shelter/rescue. You'll find there are plenty of kitties that need help.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:21 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
closed. OP has foumnd a solution.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats