Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 05:11 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times

Advertisements

I just "met" a couple of beautiful cats, a neutered boy named Romeo and a spayed girl named Juliet. Romeo is a little bigger or more sturdy-looking than Juliet, both are beautiful.
I did a search in this forum and this breed did turn up, but both threads were so--o-o long I began a new one.
I've only ever had "pound" kitties, and know nothing about Siamese. I've seen Sealpoint.
I love this Red Point peaches-and-cream variation.
Both cats were so friendly. They were cautious with Elwood (my dog) but not freaked out by him, and let me pet them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 10:46 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Check out the pictures on my profile, my album is of my pets. My Rufus was a Flame point Siamese Mix, he was my sweetheart. He passed away about a month ago.

I now have a baby Flame point Siamese Mix and he is a sweetheart as well. He talks MORE then Rufus and he likes to ride on my shoulder alot.

I have heard everyone say that the Red points are more laid back. BUT I do believe Siamese in general are very unusual and personable animals. They do have their own noises they make as well. Sometimes my little boy sounds like a racoon with his chittering.

My Rufus was almost dog like in how friendly he was and he was that way from the first day I found him abandoned in the neighborhood.

If you are interested in adopting one, you can often find them on Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten., thats where I found my baby boy, his name is Henry but we call him Baby Man among other things.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:04 PM

106 posts, read 392,831 times
Check out the Siamese Internet Cat Club website. If you scroll down and click on "Breeds," you'll learn all you ever wanted to know about the different color/point types.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:36 PM

Thanks for the links! Lindsay, I will check out your pics.
I wish we could adopt one, but my husband can barely tolerate the one we have now.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Thanks for the links! Lindsay, I will check out your pics.
I wish we could adopt one, but my husband can barely tolerate the one we have now.
My little Meeser is asleep on the pillow next to me.
Is your husband allergic or just not a cat person?

Old 06-21-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Is your husband allergic or just not a cat person?
He's not much of a cat person.
I looked at your kitty photo gallery--lovely pix.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
He's not much of a cat person.
I looked at your kitty photo gallery--lovely pix.
Well Siamese are very different then the average cat.

More dog like in my opinion.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:21 AM

We had a half-Siamese when I was a little kid. His name was Cha-Cha.
That cat was really something.
I have vivid memories of the time he attacked my mom's roast beef.
Or when he would leap up to capture ping-pong balls when we were playing table tennis, or yowl something fierce if he wanted something.
OTOH
He was a sweet and tender lap cat. I still have a picture of me at age 5 with this big cat in my little kindergartener-sized lap.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:17 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,127,969 times
Siamese Rescue - Main Website
this is a good site..check out the pictures of all the different siamese..
this is where I got my 2.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:54 AM

34 posts, read 144,564 times
i've had 2 Siamese. The first one was a Sealpoint, died at age 13 of feline peritonitus. She and a black domestic shorthair actually went to Germany w/me where we lived for 2 yrs (military). My second one was a Bluepoint. She lived to be 20 yrs., 3 mo.- died of kidney failure. I don't think Siamese are as delicate & sensitive as they're portrayed to be. Neither one ever had hairballs which is supposed to be common w/the breed. They lived long lives. They did yell a lot but you get used to it. If you want a lap cat, Siamese are definitely that. I now have a domestic shorthair tabby who is a lot shyer and more sensitive to everything that both of the Siamese together. He's also not a lap cat. Some day I hope to get another Siamese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats