U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 07:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,223 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have a 9 month old cat named cuddles & he has been throwing up for 2 days now. He's throwing up this white/yellow foamy substance & hasn't been eating him meow mix treats or 9 lives. I'm extremely worried this can be serious. He does however drink water, & attempts to eat him food. Physically, he looks Alright, He also continues to runs around and is sleeping as usual. I need help, I don't know what to do & I can only take him to the vet on Monday. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 11:55 AM

7,201 posts, read 11,323,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edith_ View Post
I need help, I don't know what to do & I can only take him to the vet on Monday. Thank you!
Almost every city and town in America has an emergency vet clinic or an Animal Hosp that's open later in the evenings for working people.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:28 AM

9,454 posts, read 15,010,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Almost every city and town in America has an emergency vet clinic or an Animal Hosp that's open later in the evenings for working people.

Ye, but most "working people" can't afford them. Such places cost 3-6x what a regular vet does.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:34 AM

130 posts, read 350,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edith_ View Post
Hello, I have a 9 month old cat named cuddles & he has been throwing up for 2 days now. He's throwing up this white/yellow foamy substance & hasn't been eating him meow mix treats or 9 lives. I'm extremely worried this can be serious. He does however drink water, & attempts to eat him food. Physically, he looks Alright, He also continues to runs around and is sleeping as usual. I need help, I don't know what to do & I can only take him to the vet on Monday. Thank you!
What an adorable name. Please take him to an emergency animal hospital, you can apply for the credit card while at the vet which is a special one that you don't pay interest for one year and can be used to medical care of fur family members. This sounds very serious, I'm sorry that you are going through this and hope things have improved.

Also you may consider changing his food, most are garbage. I look at ingredients and if it's too many that are not easy to understand or too may listed, I put it back. Right now I'm feeding my baby who is 6 months old, innova evo and I add one chicken cutlet which I boil for 2 minutes finely chopped. He loves it and waits when I cut it up. I also leave him 3/4 cup of wellness dry while I have to work but that last 3 days for him.

I learned the hard way when my first fur baby died at 14 and I knew nothing about healthy foods for him until he was 9 and almost died from blockage. That's when he had emergency surgery and the credit card application was given to me at the vets.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:13 AM

7,201 posts, read 11,323,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Ye, but most "working people" can't afford them. Such places cost 3-6x what a regular vet does.
That's not true except for emergency clinics. Of course you will pay more because those who work nights almost always get paid more. Those AHs open until 8 or 9 PM do not charge more. They have two overlapping shifts. I know because I worked in two of them in the past.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,276 times
My cat has been vomiting green watery hairballs. He has also lost his appetite and weight.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:27 PM

7,588 posts, read 5,099,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmw04 View Post
My cat has been vomiting green watery hairballs. He has also lost his appetite and weight.
Save a sample of what's coming up, and take him to your vet. Regular grooming/brushing might help the hairball situation, but he should be checked out anyway. Weight loss is a red flag, so I wouldn't delay.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,262 times
Hello everyone, Just called vet. My Baby is sick. They said too bad. I have no money at all. They said even though my car battery is dead and I can't get to them, they couldn't charge my account and send the medicine to my home without at least a down payment. I said my Baby is very sick, they said yea she is. Heartless over a few dollars. All they have to do is withdraw their money out of my bank. Any one know if there is a vet school near Casa Grande AZ. Sometimes they will work on animals for experience.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:15 PM

3,425 posts, read 2,121,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovingBabyGirl View Post
Hello everyone, Just called vet. My Baby is sick. They said too bad. I have no money at all. They said even though my car battery is dead and I can't get to them, they couldn't charge my account and send the medicine to my home without at least a down payment. I said my Baby is very sick, they said yea she is. Heartless over a few dollars. All they have to do is withdraw their money out of my bank. Any one know if there is a vet school near Casa Grande AZ. Sometimes they will work on animals for experience.
If you're having money issues have you considered a CareCredit card for pet medical expenses? I don't know if it will be right for your but I thought I'd throw it out there in case it's helpful. I've never used it but I know some people have found it useful.

I'm sorry to hear you're having such trouble.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:56 PM

9,038 posts, read 13,884,628 times
Besides getting a good Natural Cat Care reference like THE NATURAL CAT or the original THE NEW NATURAL CAT by Anitra Frazier for your initial introduction to how to boost your cats' health to heights never before imagined (so you only need to use your veterinarian for injuries and diagnostics like I do), I can't stress enough how important it is to learn your medicinal herbs and how to use them. Generally 1/8 the human dose is what to give a cat or figure the percentage by weight. With herbs, start out with less and work your way up.

Animals in the wild know by instinct which herbs to eat. Watch "Cancer: the forbidded cures" on YouTube and pay special attention to how the Hoxie Method was created (by a veterinarian who observed his horse with cancer, he let out to pasture to die, eating strange herbs, which eventually cured his cancer).

Anitra Frazier's book will only take you to the Intermediate level. For tricky chronic problems or multiple degenerative problems, for lasting relief you have to learn about how to DETOX your cat from acid wastes that are causing the inflammation in the first place. To do that you need to familiarize yourself with HERBS (as well as diet of course).

Fasting on broth is key! We are WRONGLY taught by orthodox medicine that a poor appetite is a bad sign. That could not be farther from the truth. When animals are sick and need to heal, they stop eating. So the energy required to digest food, which is as much as 80 percent of all the energy in the body, can all go towards healing! Besides, food isn't any use to the body until it is digested, processed and turned into healthy cells.

I always fast any sick cat only offering home made chicken or beef broth at meal time for up to a few days at a time GRADUALLY introducing food...until he or she is eating and pooping normally.

Also, for non-invasive intervention in ACUTE situations (where you ordinarily would bring your cat to the ER),when you understand the system that the symptom relates to, I have successfully intervened-- even in cases of Rectal Prolapses-- using Homeopathic Remedies (different from herbs and vitamins and isolate food supplements). The homeopathics within under an hour in one case, to a few days in the next, restored the rectum and the digestive tract enough to reduce the inflammation and close the opening to allow the cat to have a normal bowel movement. So getting to know homeopathic remedies won't hurt either. Anitra Frazer doesn't cover those at all in her book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats