Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 03:33 PM

53 posts, read 322,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
LOL I know...I know...What can I say? I love animals! We started out with a rescue cat...then...he NEEDED a friend...feline companionship! Then I read about Ragdoll cats...and when my husband and I went to "just look", well...the rest was history. Ended coming home with TWO!...So that made 3....then Ragdolls are like potatoe chips...I went and bought another...up to 4...and then when my daughter was buying one of her breeding Munchkin kittens...they had a non-standard (long legged little girl) that I just fell in love with ! That breeder knew what she was doing...offered her to us for free and a "companion" kitten. So there ya have it... 5! Add my 2 Goldens to the mix and my Dyson goes into over time everyday!
And now....my daughter is about to breed her Munchkins again....and I'm thinking I might need a "shorty"! Hell....what's one more?

What 2 Goldens AS WELL?? You're like a Dalai Lama of animal lovers! I am sooooooo inspired by you. I bow at your feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,286 times
I found a new litter product I just used and worked better than anything else I ever tried (and I've tried everything!). Have 3 cats and one litter box so it gets pretty smelly. This stuff took away all smells and I mean #2 also - amazing (no fragrance smells or dust either). NonScents Cat Litter Additive - you can get free sample on Amazon I think http://www.amazon.com/pet-supplies/dp/B00E83QDE2. You just add a little to your regular litter. Am using full time now.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:02 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadreamin View Post
The dusty stuff was killing us, so I tried Feline Pine clumping and liked it. I don't think it controls odor that great, but our cats aren't very good about covering things up either, so I can't say if it would control odors in cats that do better jobs at burying it.
I also use Swheat Scoop and like it a lot. Right now we're using both litters together because Feline Pine is inexpensive and Swheat Scoop clumps better but if it works better at odor control I'd definitely use Swheat Scoop alone.
But stay away from those dusty litters! They are poison for you and your cats and really help make your home a "sick house."
I don't use the clumping kind, but like it a lot more than the chemically activated kinds and clay which ends up everywhere. The best part is I can go to the local farm store and get a huge bag of exactly the same stuff as 'equine bedding' for half to a third the cost. It lasts longer since you need to use so little and no sneezing over clay dust. The farm store makes it as economical as the cheap clay stuff.

Walmart used to carry it in the store for an overrated price but now only sells it online. Check farm/garden stores for a better price.

If you garden you can clean it out good, and mix it in with other mulching material and let it sit and breakdown too. I find my brood like the smell of it too. They would sniff the clumping stuff as if suspect. I'll go with their caution.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:50 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Meow Ma View Post
I have tried just about every litter I can find so far. But I have yet to find one that satisfies me. I must share a bathroom with 3 beautiful kitties (pics attached) and I need a litter that allows me to control odor and dust adequately. I find that clay based clumping litters are bad for dust. Freshstep Crystals is good for dust, but not good for urine odor. I also tried Pine Litter, which was good for urine odor and dust, but bad for the other odor. Is there anything I don't know about?

Much thanks!

Worlds best. The thing is, if kitty doesn't cover the fecal matter nothing will help much with the odor.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:36 PM

100 posts, read 289,390 times
I have been using Nature's Miracle Crystals for a while now. Hubby was very sensitive to the dusty clay litters and I have been pleased with the odor control even when I fail to scoop like I should. One time, I had so much going on, I went a whole week without scooping and and the boxes still didn't stink! I have only been able to find this brand of litter at PatSmart.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,286 times
Just found new product called NonScents Cat Litter Odor Control - its on Amazon.com at http://www.amazon.com/pet-supplies/dp/B00E83QDE2. You can still get a free sample I think. Stuff works really well - no dust, no odor no fragrances either. We're ordering from Amazon and using all the time now with 3 cat box. Can't believe all the smelly is gone - yeah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats