Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 06:11 PM

672 posts, read 5,822,106 times

Advertisements

My cats tend to be very active in the morning, sleep all afternoon and into the early evening, and then be quite active in the evening through around midnight. Then they sleep pretty much straight through until morning.

How about your cats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 06:29 AM

13 posts, read 84,787 times
my cat sleeps all day.... till 5 pm ,is awake till 11 pm and wakes up at 4:18 am....them back to sleep at 9 am till 5

Old 07-15-2008, 06:54 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,938 times
Mine are most active in the morning and at night. The rest of their time, they sleep. They each have sleeping spots they prefer at different times of the day. They are such creatures of habit!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:30 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Mine wake around 4 a.m. (one reason to keep the bedroom door closed), and sit in the spare bedroom window until I get up around 6. Then they badger me for their breakfast, eat, run around, fight, until around 10 or so, when they nap for most of the day. I get home from work around 5:30, and they wake up and badger me for their dinner. Then they catnap off and on until I go to bed, when they settle in the spare room to sleep until 4 a.m.

They follow this schedule on weekends and my days off, so I only assume that they do the same when I'm not home.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Mine are waiting for me....more like peering down at me...to get up in the morning. All 5 follow my husband and I around watching us get ready to start the day. At around 9am...the cat crazies kick in..and they sound like a herd of elephants running and chasing one another. Then it is nap time until around 3ish...then it starts all over again.
This pertains to all but one...Kaci...my 3 yr old Ragdoll. She is who I affectionately call "Velcro Kitty". She must be with me from morning till night. Right now she sitting right here next to the comp. is catching a few zzzzs. As soon as I get up...even if it is for just a few moments, she has to follow me. She is my shadow 24/7! If I leave to run an errand...she sits at the door and will sit there until I come home...Bathroom...she's there...shower...she's there.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:52 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
It seems that mine all have a different sleep and waking pattern. My baby Henry takes short naps and then gets up and runs around like a nutcase and then winds down and falls asleep again. He cycles through this all day.

Salem normally doesn't take LONG sleeps either, he acts like he always has to be on centry duty. He can't get outside but he is always looking out the window and heaven forbid another cat comes along, he has to watch and posture. If he were to sleep, he might miss out.

My Rufus used to sleep with me and he would sleep all night in my room. Thats why I always called him my sleeping partner. He was good and would lay still. He also felt the need to nap during the day.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:16 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
My BigGirl wakes me about 6 am by pouncing from the table by the window onto the bed. This is a 15 pounder, so she makes quite a pounce! Then starts butting her head into me to pet her and get up and feed her. She is active until around 10 am(goes out to deck to talk with birds and squirrels); then settles down for a long nap til about 5 pm. Early evening she goes back out to the deck to sun herself and lounge until dark, then the fun begins! She will start galloping back and forth from the deck through the doors and to the back of the house repeatedly, sounds just like a horse. Settles down about 11 pm and is quiet through the night, not that she is sleeping. When I come out to the living room in the morning, my nail file and other items are scattered on the floor. Her balls and toys also all around the living room. So she plays quietly during the wee hours evidently.....

Old 07-18-2008, 08:24 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,033 times
lets see...sleep all day till 5pm...eat....stay up most of the night...wake us
up at about 6am to eat...what a life..

Old 07-18-2008, 10:49 PM

9,414 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Funny stories about funny furry people.

One of our cats likes to snuggle and sleep with us. Unfortunately she's taken to coming by and patroling around our heads, starting about 2 am.
She sometimes won't settle down, just comes by, walks by our heads, then leaves. Or if someone twitches, she's off like a lightning bolt. Just a bit jumpy.

Don't know what's up with her, but lately she's been coming by ALL the time. Makes it hard to get back to sleep.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:32 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Cat Thoughts

6am -Sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…
Sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…
Wake up – find food – eat…

8am -Sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…
Wake up – stretch – yawn – find food – eat…

10am -Sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…
Wake up – stretch – yawn – take a dump…

Noon -Sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…
Wake up – stretch – yawn – bite the humans toes…

2pm - Sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…
Try catching the fly in the window

4pm - Sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…
Wake up – lick myself…

6pm - Sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…
Wake up – stretch – yawn – eat – take a leak…

8pm - Sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…
Wake up fast when the dog nuzzles me with his cold nose
Scratch his nose and make him yelp…

10pm - Sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…sleep…
Hey, the humans are all asleep!
BANG! SMASH! CRASH! SPROING!
Awake…awake…awake…awake…awake…

Midnight – 6am - Awake…awake…awake…awake…awake…
Investigate small enclosed places
Make a lot of noise

Play in paper bags
Tear things up
Terrorize the goldfish and the parakeet
Tease the stupid dog
Climb the curtains
Run at full speed and crash into things
Bounce off the humans as they sleep
Awake…awake…awake…awake…awake…

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats