Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 08:42 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,045,748 times

Advertisements

oh Chicagomom2.... Im so sorry!!! That is so sad....hopefully though, maybe he'll still turn back up for you. he could just still be out on a kitty adventure....I'll keep my fingers crossed.
We're slowly giving up hope here for our Sasha... Its breaking my heart, but it'll be 3weeks tomorrow. The people that said he'd been showing up for feeding time, said they havent seen him since the last Saturday. Then we got a kinda creepy call yesterday. These people said they had seen him in the wooded area near our house, and that if I just went in there and branched off from the main trail, onto one of the smaller, less used ones and called him, that I should find him. And that I should hurry because they thought he was hurt. They said they live in the woods and have seen him. So, i thought "I just dont feel quite safe as a female out there by myself wandering the branch offs, especially after 1)the murder that was there recently, and 2) the homeless guy I had already been chased off by. hummmmmm...nope. not gonna do it.LOVE Sasha, dearly desperatly want to find him. Heartbroken and sick to think he might be out there hurt and needing me, but not willing to risk my life/well being on a tip like that. So, I called the husband, he left work early, and we went out together. no luck. Not a sign of him. And to make it worse, we saw probably 1/2 dozen stray kitties out there too. All of which I tried to round up, but theyre definatly feral and not friendly. Very sad to see them all though...
Someone tried to offer Annika a new kitten, her eyes welled up w/tears and she says "No thank you, I need my Sashey back, I dont want a new kitty..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 PM

69 posts, read 214,940 times
Our kitty came back this morning! He is fine, and still has his collar on, was gone for TEN days...lost a lot of weight. I am so glad that we kept looking, calling him....I think he was hiding nearby, and was scared, but heard us...
Tiff...I hope you can still find your kitty...
I am going to keep this cat in the backyard, and bought some extra fencing today......

Old 09-09-2008, 06:57 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,340,579 times
Very happy to hear that your kitty returned.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:51 AM

Chicagomom2...
Im so happy for you guys in the return of your kitty!!!!! That is WONDERFUL news!!! Give him some extra spoiling and love....

We're still holding out a small bit of hope for Sasha to return.....Its a bit dim, but we'll never give up on him. At this point, it would be quite the miracle if he returned....but hey, miracles happen, right? It breaks my heart to have the little one out every day/night calling him......Especially when she gets to begging.."Sasha..Please come home...I love you....please come home....Sasha....My Sasha...." oh man, its making me cry just typing it. Rips the heart out to hear her sobbing night after night for him.
Hopefully, we'll get our miracle......

again though, Im so very happy for you guys that yours returned safe and sound to you. Happy endings are great to hear
Tiffany

Old 09-16-2008, 11:07 PM

So I got the question tonight....
"Momma....do you think maybe my Sashy is in Heaven now?...is he not coming home cuz he died?"....oh man.... So that sparked a heartbreaking discussion.......and a very sad and tearful bedtime hugs...
we're still holding out for a miracle....but its not looking likely. sigh.
Still have the ads out, the flyers up, and talking to people. Honestly, its this hard with the kitty, i cant even begin to fathom how people who's kids disappear handle it. Ive done everything i can think of, followed up on every lead, and walked more calling him over and over and over than I can ever say. Still, I know its not enough, because its not bringing him home. Im so frustrated and upset that I just cant find him! Im sick at heart because as a pet owner, it was my responsibility to keep him safe and well.
We have made friends w/several of the people that feed feral kitties in the area, and have been handing out bags of cat food as much as we can. Sadly, Sashas bag of food is still in the kitchen and all his special kitty treats are still set up aside. I just cant make myself give them up yet.
sigh....
Tiffany

Old 09-17-2008, 09:31 PM

69 posts, read 214,940 times
Tiffany, I am very sorry to hear that your kitty has not come back. I know how upset you and your family must be.
One thing that helped me to feel better, when I had given up on my kitty was to know that if he could come back, he would....
so I just finally accepted the fact that for some reason, he could not come back to us....
hugs to you and your family....

Old 09-18-2008, 09:31 AM

Thanks. I think for us, a huge part of this being unable to move on is just not knowing what has happened to him. The hopeful part of me is trying to win with thinkin maybe somebody found him, fell in love with him (hes very friendly/loveable), thought he was a stray, and is keeping him indoors now. Of course, they'd have to be blind not to see all the flyers and the ads in the local papers, but maybe they DID see em and are chosing to ignore them.
The other side of me, that keeps me awake at night is the one that is picturing him lost, hungry, hurt and scared. Wanting to come home, but unable to. And thinkin we have deserted him. Thats the part that just tears me up.
My little one put the picture of her and Sasha, thats in a picture frame that says "Me and My Very Best Friend" in her window last night facing out, so that if he's out there, he can see it. Poor kid, shes just heartsick.
Never saw all this coming when we got him from the kitty rescue....but i tell ya, Id not have missed the years we had with him. Too short, but incredibly inspiring.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
Hi. We have a huge problem. My daughters very beloved kitty has disappeared. She picked him out of a rescue shelter when he was a tiny kitten and they have an incredible beautiful bond. He has been an outdoor kitty most of his life, and is happy, well fed, well taken care of, and of course, dearly dearly loved. Even the neighbors love him, heck, our neighbors down the street buy him kitty treats every time they go to the store! He is a real homebody, and rarely goes more than about a block away. Even when the neighbors give him treats, (he is super friendly)he brings them home to eat. Anyhow, a week ago last Saturday was the last time we have seen him. I have spent hours and hours, going in a bout a mile radius calling for him every single day (sometimes a few times a day) Ive called the vets in the area, the very mean and rude people at the shelter, the kitty rescue, and no one has seen him. Ive talked to neighbors and people all around, again, no one has seen hide nor hair. We just got some flyers w/his pic. to put up all around, w/a reward posting up, with the feverent hopes that someone might have found him and is keeping him indoors. Either because they thought he was a stray, or they are hoping for a rewards. Am I an idiot for keeping this hope up? Or has anyone ever had someone hold their cat for these reasons? I am just miserable. Ive had nightmares in fear that he was hurt and suffered before dying, either due to a car, (although in all my searching I havent seen his body laying about, but he couldve crawled into bushes to die. SOB!) or the racoons that live in the foresty area very very near us.
My girl is at her grandparents and doesnt know whats going on. Shes only almost 7 and is going to be utterly devistated. Anyone have any ideas on what I should/how I should tell her when she comes home? When she calls now, she always asks about him and tells us to give him extra love from her. She has pictures of them in her room in little frames that say "Me and my Kitty" "I love my Cat" "Best Friends"
Im at such a heartbroken loss....any ideas?? please?
Tiffany
Cats are prey animals, so it's best to keep them indoors or at least bring them in at night.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:57 AM

well......Its been months, and still no Sasha... The last of my weatherproof posters came down this week, although theres still flyers up and about, and of course, still at the vets/petstores/shelter/etc.
I dont think he's coming home.
we're talking about going to the kitty rescue/shelter to see who they have....not as a replacement, no kitty could ever ever ever replace our Sashy, but maybe theres one that we could save that will fit into our family.....maybe....
I think I'll take the bag of food that still sits in our kitchen to the shelter too.....unless we miraculously find someone today that belongs in our family.....
a lot depends on the little one...she still cries for her BFF and now has a small plush that she calls Sasha and takes everywhere with her. She had a tragedy in her life recently too, one of her little classmates was killed while playing on the beach. Of course, as dearly as we love Sasha, theres no comparison to the loss of a child. but she tied it all together, and is thinking that maybe GOD had to take Sasha so that the little boy would have a special friend up in Heaven.
anyway.......

btw, IF/when we bring another kitty home....he/she will be microchipped AND an indoor kitty.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:04 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,423,539 times
I'm so sorry you never found the cat. We lost one when we moved from FL to TN. She ran out the door while we were packing the moving van. We looked for her all night and the next morning. I just hope someone found her and took her in. Some people see them outside and assume they don't have a loving family and won't call if they see flyers. She just may have a new home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats