U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:01 PM

4,162 posts, read 5,451,549 times
Yes came back and he did it two days ago again. He was only gone one day this time. I have been keeping him in, but someone let him out once again. I will have to watch him very closely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 01:15 PM

2,096 posts, read 5,639,536 times
Thanks Chickrae and Himain. We sure do hope he does come home....
I about cried yesterday, my daughter came home w/a worksheet regarding what they are working on in class....well, they read a book each week as a class, then from that book, use different things in each subject. So pretty much, 75%of the stuff they do each week is based on that weeks book. Well, this week, the book is "Come Back Sam!!" about a kitty that runs away,......oh jeez. needless to say, i sent off a note to her teacher letting her know that my little girl might be rather sensitive about it all...poor kid.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
Thanks Chickrae and Himain. We sure do hope he does come home....
I about cried yesterday, my daughter came home w/a worksheet regarding what they are working on in class....well, they read a book each week as a class, then from that book, use different things in each subject. So pretty much, 75%of the stuff they do each week is based on that weeks book. Well, this week, the book is "Come Back Sam!!" about a kitty that runs away,......oh jeez. needless to say, i sent off a note to her teacher letting her know that my little girl might be rather sensitive about it all...poor kid.

Oh no thatis awful. Very poor timing on the teachers part. Don't give up hope, he knows where he is loved so its always possible.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:16 PM

24,607 posts, read 26,392,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Today I went to the animal shelters, PetsMart (that does adoptions for cat rescue) and got home...........and AC was here! I have no clue where he was. He was just sitting on the porch, like nothing had happened. He was a little hungry but not much, so I almost think he was at someones house. I can't believe it! I am so happy! He must of known I was asking people on city data what to do....ha ha
Thank you everyone for your responses and advice with this. Cats do come back!!!
Yay, great news!! The longest I had one disappear was about a week, and she was found by a nice lady 2-3 miles away... unfortunately she died a year later (hit by a car), which is another lesson in why indoor cats are safer. That being said, I still let my Cyrus go outside, since he'd be miserable otherwise. Anyway, I'm so glad to hear your kitty returned!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:20 AM
CBB

482 posts, read 1,405,727 times
Cats do come back. And cats don't come back. That's what makes every cat owner so desperate when the cat is out longer than usual.

Our cat Mütze is an indoor/outdoor cat. He loves to be outside a lot when the weather is warm and dry but prefers to be in the house (on DH or me, if possible ) when it's cold or wet.

In February, Mütze got lost for three days and nights. We love him dearly, so when he didn't come home, we were extremely worried, couldn't think about anything else, could hardly sleep, and I couldn't eat a bite. The nights were very cold and we didn't know what happened to him - was he laying somewhere, injured and dying? Was he trapped in a rarely used shed and would starve? The uncertainty almost killed us and we tried everything to find him.

We didn't find him, but he finally came back home at 7 a.m. on DH's birthday. What a gift! I was so relieved that I almost fainted when I saw Mütze coming around the corner. It was a beautiful sunny day and warm enough to enjoy the deck, which we all did, purring (Mütze) and smiling (hubby and me). We'll never forget those terrible days and the happy ending.

Ever since, when life throws rocks at us, we say: "This is really bad. But if Mütze hadn't come back home, that would be a lot worse."

I really hope that all missed kitties are safely returning back home!

Old 10-11-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBB View Post
Cats do come back. And cats don't come back. That's what makes every cat owner so desperate when the cat is out longer than usual.

Our cat Mütze is an indoor/outdoor cat. He loves to be outside a lot when the weather is warm and dry but prefers to be in the house (on DH or me, if possible ) when it's cold or wet.

In February, Mütze got lost for three days and nights. We love him dearly, so when he didn't come home, we were extremely worried, couldn't think about anything else, could hardly sleep, and I couldn't eat a bite. The nights were very cold and we didn't know what happened to him - was he laying somewhere, injured and dying? Was he trapped in a rarely used shed and would starve? The uncertainty almost killed us and we tried everything to find him.

We didn't find him, but he finally came back home at 7 a.m. on DH's birthday. What a gift! I was so relieved that I almost fainted when I saw Mütze coming around the corner. It was a beautiful sunny day and warm enough to enjoy the deck, which we all did, purring (Mütze) and smiling (hubby and me). We'll never forget those terrible days and the happy ending.

Ever since, when life throws rocks at us, we say: "This is really bad. But if Mütze hadn't come back home, that would be a lot worse."

I really hope that all missed kitties are safely returning back home!
I am glad yours came back and what a great birthday present. Don't you ever wonder where in the world they go? I really think someone had ours and then let it go as he wasn't dirty, hadn't lost any weight and even when he hears the birds outside, he doesn't really try to get out.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:47 AM

27,238 posts, read 25,079,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Last year I was married on September 16th ( one year anniversary today). Two months later (Nov 10) my husband gave me a kitty because it was the one year anniversary of us knowing each other. So we named the kitty AC for anniversary cat. This cat was so special to me as when I got married I moved 1,200 miles away to be where my husband lived. I had to leave my other cat because he was old and I was afraid the move would be hard on him, so my daughter kept him. I also moved away from my 5 older children. So basically this cat was my little since all my kids were far away.

As all of you cat lovers know, cats are very unique and have a mind of their own. This cat was so cute, he fetched, he sat in the bathroom sink every day watching me while I got ready for work, he came when you called his name (just like a dog). He would go outside sometimes, but always stay very close to the house and never ventured out of our property (we live on 2 1/2 acres) He was an inside cat and liked to be inside most of the time.

6 days ago as usual I got ready for work, he was by my side and then when I got home from work he was gone. I have looked everywhere. Checked with shelters, neighbors etc. We live out in the country and so coyotes and owls have been known to be on our property. I looked all over the property expecting to find him dead, but he is nowhere.

I guess my question is.... Do cats disappear for weeks and then come back? Do they sometimes go hang out with other families and then realize they need to go back to where they live? I am so sad and upset over this cat being gone. My husband said we can get another cat. I don't want another one. I was my little anniversary cat.

Sorry for such a long story............

Our cat...an INDOOR cat...wants to be an outdoor cat. He used to sneak out all the time...but we're getting better at watching for him. He always comes back to eat...but he gets out, and gets into fights with other cats.

Big reason we don't want him getting out.

One thing that would make it easier is if the door swung IN, instead of swinging OUT. Last time he got out, it cost us $140 to get him cleaned up at the vet!

Little bugger's quick!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 5,853 times
My cat just got out of the house and she has never done that I have been beside myself and am going crazy here at work. When I leave work I will be posting pictures of her everywhere I can think of. I love her so much and the problem is that she only comes to me. You guys have given me some hope and I pray my Petra comes back to me. Thank You

Old 04-28-2009, 09:19 PM

2,096 posts, read 5,639,536 times
Hey, i just saw your post....did your Petra come home?

Old 08-14-2011, 05:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,604 times
I have three cats, 2 males, and one female. The female is new,but now she has been gone, and its been like 3-4 days, and im yelling her name everywhere around and in the woods, and a little bit up the road, she is just not comeing home and she is also a VERY curois cat, and catches mice all the time. but im sooo scared i cant even sleep, she is on my mind 20 hrs a day, please HELP!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats