U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-18-2008, 03:47 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,456,051 times
Default They are not my cat's!!!

I have one cat. She is about 17 years old. She is spayed and an indoor cat for the most part.!
Now, I have my neighbors cat's and kittens and they think they are mine. He has a farm next to mine,but doesn't live there. He brings, what he calls... "Barn cat's" home and they find there way over to my place and live!
I do love them and play with them and feed them and take pictures of them.. But...

THEY ARE NOT MY CAT'S!

He has been a good neighbor for many year's and I just can't complain about it. But I just don't know what to do. I have gave some away, but most people just want the male's.
I have posted some picture's on the Photography forum if you want to see them. They are almost grown now, so I am sure in the spring...Well
you know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 03:05 PM

9,817 posts, read 10,616,627 times
Can you contact a local rescue group that could have them spayed? They can then try to get them a good home. It sounds like the last thing that you need is kittens.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:28 PM

8,057 posts, read 16,076,636 times
Check with your State & Local Laws...you may get a surprise...in my area you feed an animal for 3 days ITS YOURS!! Hes not objecting to you finding them homes he must feel they are your problem not his.

Last edited by Katie1; 09-19-2008 at 04:58 PM..

Old 09-19-2008, 04:35 PM

9,817 posts, read 10,616,627 times
Katie1, you are absolutely right. Delaware is the same.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:47 AM

24,639 posts, read 29,716,788 times
If you don't want them around, why are you feeding them or playing with them?

Sounds like they're yours now.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:52 PM

167 posts, read 271,603 times
You feed them they are yours. Thats how I ended up with my six cats. Neighbour had a female, and kept having kittens in my barn. I fed them, still have them. Caught the female, vet spayed her, and no more kittens.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:59 AM

1,188 posts, read 3,233,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie_Dokie! View Post
I have one cat. She is about 17 years old. She is spayed and an indoor cat for the most part.!
Now, I have my neighbors cat's and kittens and they think they are mine. He has a farm next to mine,but doesn't live there. He brings, what he calls... "Barn cat's" home and they find there way over to my place and live!
I do love them and play with them and feed them and take pictures of them.. But...

THEY ARE NOT MY CAT'S!

He has been a good neighbor for many year's and I just can't complain about it. But I just don't know what to do. I have gave some away, but most people just want the male's.
I have posted some picture's on the Photography forum if you want to see them. They are almost grown now, so I am sure in the spring...Well
you know!
Don't know where in OK you are located...but get with me about some low cost s/n clinics! Maybe we need to educate him on what we are trying to do (reduce homeless numbers). "Barn cats" need to be altered too! There is a group in OKC that s/n feral cats for FREE! DM me if you are interested in chatting further about this.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:27 PM

873 posts, read 1,006,290 times
You gotta love neighbors like that. He isn't a good neighbor. A good neighbor takes care of their pets. Is he feeding them? Do they have shelter? If not, then this guy is horribly misinformed. Many "mousers" as they call them, won't eat the mice. Those cats are probably coming to you because they're hungry. Cats need food, shelter and affection just like we all do. They need vaccinations too, is he taking care of that? Those cats are so prone to disease and horribly painful deaths...sorry but that guy is an idiot. Maybe you need to educate him on caring for cats.

In the meantime, thanks for giving them food and love. That shows you at least, are a good person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats