U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-10-2009, 08:13 AM

947 posts, read 2,003,603 times

Advertisements

Wellness is Good!!!
NO RECALL.

misleading if people are just reading title and not the thread...
Yes, good idea to lock it!

Old 08-10-2009, 06:26 PM

2,480 posts, read 3,026,208 times
All I know is that after reading a lot on this forum I was able to switch my girl from fancy feast to Wellness. I feel a lot better that she is not getting junk food.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,705 times
Default Wellness cause vomiting and weightloss

Wellness for Indoor Cats caused my 12 year old orange tabby to vomit 3x per week, lose weight and loose the 'healthy' glow he usually had. We had switched to Wellness about a month ago thinking organic was the way to go and started noticing these symptoms. Our vet advised us that Wellness may be causing these symptoms and had cause many of their other patients to be sick. We stopped immediately. Now he is on Science Diet Senior and already looks 100 times better and no vomiting! I heard some cats are okay on it and some aren't - and those who aren't may pay a heavy price. Wellness should be taken off the market. Why should people pay a high price for a 'healthy organic' food which may or may not harm their cat?

Old 11-10-2009, 04:20 PM

9,794 posts, read 24,417,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chib4me View Post
Wellness for Indoor Cats caused my 12 year old orange tabby to vomit 3x per week, lose weight and loose the 'healthy' glow he usually had. We had switched to Wellness about a month ago thinking organic was the way to go and started noticing these symptoms. Our vet advised us that Wellness may be causing these symptoms and had cause many of their other patients to be sick. We stopped immediately. Now he is on Science Diet Senior and already looks 100 times better and no vomiting! I heard some cats are okay on it and some aren't - and those who aren't may pay a heavy price. Wellness should be taken off the market. Why should people pay a high price for a 'healthy organic' food which may or may not harm their cat?
I am sorry your cat did not do well on Wellness. But....that does not mean it is not a excellent food and should be taken off the market. I have one cat who does not do well on a # of excellent foods....yet can stomach Wellness just fine. But it is all her, not the fault of the other foods.
There was never a recall on the Wellness and they are one of the highest rated foods on the market. I feed the Wellness Core to my 6, as well as 2 other highly rated foods.
I am glad your cat is doing better on the SD.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,572 times
Hi guys, so Wellness does not cause any negative side affects for cats right? Just want to confirm. Is there any recent recall news, in 2010 or 2009 concerning Wellness cat food products?

Old 03-17-2010, 06:40 AM

9,794 posts, read 24,417,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpACat View Post
Hi guys, so Wellness does not cause any negative side affects for cats right? Just want to confirm. Is there any recent recall news, in 2010 or 2009 concerning Wellness cat food products?
Not that I am aware of.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:02 PM

2,806 posts, read 4,145,748 times
Okay, this thing continues to pop up again and again...please, people, read the dates & read the entire thread before freaking out! There was no recall, the vet I was seeing at the time lied to me because they didn't want to take responsibility for the decline & eventual death of my cat...I had the product tested myself and everything came out clean and fine. Now I'm going to find a moderator to lock this thread since people keep dragging it back up without reading in its entirety or looking at the date. For what it's worth, I do feed all my animals Wellness again...after the whole scare I tried other brands, but none were as good as Wellness. I trust this food, and my animals all love it.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:57 AM

16,484 posts, read 31,266,301 times
closed per OP's request

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats