Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 AM

39 posts, read 215,695 times

Advertisements

all these stories sound so cute...i've been thinking about getting another kitten, but my little man is soo spoiled, i'm affraid how he will react.
Sometimes a friend brings over her dog (a little one, no more then 3 lbs) and my cat will stalk and watch him everywhere he goes, and occasionally he will walk past the puppy and snuff him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 435 times
my 4month old kitten..in a playful mood...jumps on my 3 y/o female cat...they used to play until the 3 y/o somehow got a strained muscle under her front right leg...now she runs away from the kitten and hasnt played with him at all..dont know if she associates the hurt with him...they will still sleep together in front of the front door...my 3 y/o was always downstairs with us but not now..and really bothers me..i just hope she comes back around

Old 08-14-2015, 01:34 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,756,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina brooks View Post
my 4month old kitten..in a playful mood...jumps on my 3 y/o female cat...they used to play until the 3 y/o somehow got a strained muscle under her front right leg...now she runs away from the kitten and hasnt played with him at all..dont know if she associates the hurt with him...they will still sleep together in front of the front door...my 3 y/o was always downstairs with us but not now..and really bothers me..i just hope she comes back around
Is the 3 year old still favoring the leg or does she walk normally? Is she still jumping up on things normally? If not, she may have done more than strain her leg, she may have injured it and might need to go to the vet. Cats aren't good at showing when they're in pain and sometimes will just hide instead.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:24 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,356,985 times
I agree with Rowan, you might want to get her checked out at the vet. If she's still feeling any pain/discomfort, she will want to avoid the younger kitten. One of my girls has a problem with her right hip (it was partially dislocated when she was very young) that flares up once in a while (vet thinks maybe becoming arthritic). When it's bothering her she keeps a very low profile, and hisses & growls at everyone... including me. It's a defensive measure that I've seen before in cats that aren't feeling well or otherwise having a problem.
It could also be she's just grown tired of the 'kitten's shenanigans' and is keeping her distance. But just for peace of mind, get her leg looked at.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:50 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,985,772 times
My youngsters ( 2 siblings) learned to stay away from my oldest - Lily.

But you should see them with my 3 year old!

If one of them gets a little too rough..........the others will leave the "arena".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats