Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:12 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Gizmo---What a stunning byss!!!!!
Jasmine says thanks. Her other Aby, Ginger, is a beautiful 6 month-old Red... I'll post pictures of her later, maybe on a new thread (to avoid hijacking this one any further).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adri0380 View Post
If anyone is familiar with egyptian maus...please answer back my thread.
i have a one yr old himalayan male and i was thinking about getting another kitty, in particular an egyptian mau, but i don't know much about them...
also, are they expensive?
Hi We looked at getting an Egyptian Maus before we bought our big boy. However, something swayed us to him instead . He is a chocolate Ocicat, the most amazing character, (typical oriental type character) the Maus are from what I read very similar in character but I believe they are bit more money than what was suggested by a previous poster, the ones I saw were the equivelant to $800-$900. Why not consider an Oci cat, incredible breed. here is a couple of pics of our big boy Hooch:

& snuggled up with his best buddy:

We would definately look at this breed again in the future, they also come in silver with black spots, AMAZING character! highly demanding for affection to the point that sometimes he just wants you to carry him around on your arm like a baby!

Old 10-09-2008, 10:58 AM

39 posts, read 215,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Hi We looked at getting an Egyptian Maus before we bought our big boy. However, something swayed us to him instead . He is a chocolate Ocicat, the most amazing character, (typical oriental type character) the Maus are from what I read very similar in character but I believe they are bit more money than what was suggested by a previous poster, the ones I saw were the equivelant to $800-$900. Why not consider an Oci cat, incredible breed. here is a couple of pics of our big boy Hooch:
& snuggled up with his best buddy:
We would definately look at this breed again in the future, they also come in silver with black spots, AMAZING character! highly demanding for affection to the point that sometimes he just wants you to carry him around on your arm like a baby!
what a handsome boy he is...i wish mine would let me carry him like a baby. He'll let me do it for a whole 5 minutes but thats' about it. Here he is...he was much younger there, about 4 months, now he is 14 months

Old 10-09-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
what a handsome boy he is...i wish mine would let me carry him like a baby. He'll let me do it for a whole 5 minutes but thats' about it. Here he is...he was much younger there, about 4 months, now he is 14 months
Oh he is gorgeous! what is he some seal point or Himalayan? stunning eyes!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Oh he is gorgeous! what is he some seal point or Himalayan? stunning eyes!
We thank you! He is Himalayan Persian with the personality of a dog/car/5 yr kid.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:00 PM

Yes I thought Himalayan, he is absolutely gorgeous, Do you find the grooming hard work? (we used to have a very stroppy chinchilla persian who hated been groomed!)

Have you got any more up to date piccies of him now he is a bit older?

Old 10-10-2008, 12:20 PM

OMG... yes grooming is very hard. I just posted a question on yahoo answers and i got yelled @ and someone told me to give my cat up to someone who can take care of him bc he has mats what an ignorant person...well

Yes, we sort of have a hard time. Moslty his belly bc he is constanly cleaning himself there so it gets matted, there are 2-3 mats and to take him to the groomer it's way to expensive for me, so i will try to it do it @ home, but he will need to be sedated a bit (i once had the vet shave him bc he was sick and they sedated him and charged me $100). But i think benadrgil will work. He lets me brush him, which i do every day, but the tummy gets bad.

Here are some updated pics from about a month or so...he is a big boy now, i'm warrning u!

Old 10-10-2008, 01:26 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
OMG, how precious! I used to have a Himmy, and she was adorable too... thanks for sharing!

Old 10-12-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
OMG... yes grooming is very hard. I just posted a question on yahoo answers and i got yelled @ and someone told me to give my cat up to someone who can take care of him bc he has mats what an ignorant person...well

Yes, we sort of have a hard time. Moslty his belly bc he is constanly cleaning himself there so it gets matted, there are 2-3 mats and to take him to the groomer it's way to expensive for me, so i will try to it do it @ home, but he will need to be sedated a bit (i once had the vet shave him bc he was sick and they sedated him and charged me $100). But i think benadrgil will work. He lets me brush him, which i do every day, but the tummy gets bad.

Here are some updated pics from about a month or so...he is a big boy now, i'm warrning u!
some people do not have a clue! we resuced our Chinchilla persian who had to be completely shaved when we got her hair was just one complete mat of hair, I used to have the same problem with her and her belly and she used to freak if I touched her on her belly (she was very mistreated) in the end she would get so stressed I ended up just buying a pair of clippers and shaving her tummy which she didn't mind, she was much happier then.

By the way he is HANDSOME!!!

Old 10-12-2008, 11:03 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Stunning cats!!!!!!!

I love my big sexy (yes thats what I call him-his name is Tiger however) The Mau is a big cat at least mine is. Mine can be aggressive towards the other cats as in being dominant. I'm not sure if that's a breed trait or just Tiger's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats