Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 09:38 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,910,427 times

Advertisements

I have mentioned a few times about the feral kittens I have been feeding and working on taming. I talked to a lady over a week ago and she said she wanted three or four of the kittens. They will be barn kitties but it is a nice barn and she said she feeds and waters and takes care of them.

Then I did not hear from her. Sigh. She CALLED last night and still wants the kittens and we will be getting together soon for her to pick them up.

Also one of the Siamese kittens is going to a gentleman to become a house kitty. Yippieeee. He is a sweet kitten once you get your hands on him. He resists being loved on until he can not stand it any longer then gives in.He is just a Love.LOL

We were able to get them all wormed even the Mom. I did the worming Hubby helped by saying we MUST drive the 40 miles to get the wormer for them right away even though we did not have a trip to town planned. He does not want more kitties,we already have our two, but he does not want these little guys and gals to be sick. One barfed up round worms.

So Hoping four of the eight kittens are getting their homes soon. I am so grateful. Keep good thoughts the others will also find parents.

LULU and Cally her smallest baby.They do not need to nurse any longer then just will not quit and there is no way I can stop them with out penning them up.

http://mail.ctcweb.net/~shadesofidaho/10-1-08-Lulu-Cally.jpg (broken link)

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 AM

1,081 posts, read 1,641,688 times
please please please tell me you are getting your cats fixed now. Not only do you stop this cycle, but your kitties will live longer.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:34 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,256,002 times
Whoooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo! Great news, Chris! I know you have put so much time and effort into these babies! Without you, they would have never had such a great start on life!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:40 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,910,427 times
Siobjuan, They are not really my kitties. They are all feral kitties.Running wild in the neighborhood. They were next door at a vacant house when we bought this land and put our house here. I did not have the heart to let them starve.And they were starving. There were two moms and one got killed on the highway. WHY my own kitties have an out door kennel then can go to but not loose. LULU Took on all the kittens to raise and I started feeding them too to help her. And trying to tame them so they can get homes. Guessing they are about three months now. I was just out there now holding and cuddling three of them. I would keep them all but we do not need or can we afford to keep 11 kitties.

Yes I do have an appointment to have LULU The Mom fixed.I am finally able to catch her after working on her for two months. Her kittens were really tiny then so hopefully she is not too far pregnant now. There is a waiting list for spay. I am doing the best I can.

We are firm believers in spay and neuter. It is the neighbors across the street that do not believe in it. Sigh.

This kitty thing got started in the neighborhood because one man that had about 20 kitties passed away a little over a year ago. The kitties were left to their own. Reproduced like crazy ,of course. Now there is a huge bunch of feral kitties around. We did not live here then or the kitties that were tame would have been caught and taken to Second Chance. So what has been done is done. I really am trying to do my part.

Chris

Adding......... In the picture Cally looks huge. She is really tiny. I would guess she is only about 6 inches long and about the same in height. LULU is also a tiny kitty so Cally looks big next to her.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:56 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,550,798 times
You are awesome! It is so great of you to help, and all of us who love & rescue animals thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats