U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:08 PM

424 posts, read 1,107,544 times

Advertisements

We relocated about a month ago from Austin, TX to Cary, NC - we had our car shipped, and rented a Van so we could take our cat in comfort. She had her kitty litter box in the back, along with some food and water. She settled down pretty much right away, when she realized that she could wander around in the van and explore all the dark places between the suitcases, ice chest etc. I think she liked the adventure and was great in the hotels - (we too snuck her in). In fact, the first thing she would do every night was jump on the bed and then take a long bath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 02:06 PM

157 posts, read 437,604 times
I can't even begin to imagine putting cats in a car and driving for any long distance. It's a struggle just taking them to the vet. Lol.

I only have one cat now. During our move from the east coast to Nevada, DH flew with the cat and put the carrier under the plane seat. The airline charged a $50 fee. My cat is a very mellow orange tiger but DH had the vet give him a mild sedative anyway on his way to the airport. The entire trip was very smooth, no crying or wetting the carrier. Poor kitty was petrified and silent all the way.

To the original poster, good luck on your move. I wish I could help.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:50 PM

229 posts, read 168,113 times
Similar experience as the rest of you... howling and making noises in carrier at first and then quiet. Sedating is a good idea too if they do not travel well.
my parents dog has to be sedated every time there is a thunderstorm as it is a spaz. there is nothing harmful or long lasting effects...well... the dog is nuts anyway so I guess I shouldn't say that ha ha Best of Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or