U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 08:57 PM

9,454 posts, read 15,020,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Give your cat the medication she was prescribed. The Pepcid AC will settle her stomach and she will want to eat so no force-feeding will be necessary.

Good luck.

Try clam juice for an appetite stimulant. You find it in the grocery store in the section with olives, pickles, etc, get the bottled kind. You don't need much, just a tsp will do. You can either sprinkle it on her food or offer it separately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 452 times
My 17 year old domestic shorthair tabby is experiencing CFR and Hyperthyroidism. Her creatinine is 5.2 and bun 50. One day she was terribly constipated and a vet visit cured that. It was then, 4 weeks ago) she was diagnosed with HT. She was getting sub-q every 3 days. Had a brief bout of blindness which was gone by morning. I am so torn as to her happiness and well being. I cannot put her down when she looks as good as she does today. She wasn't eating for a few days and the vert gave her a pill to take a 1/4 every 72 hours. What a difference. She has gained a pound and looks far better. She is scheduled for euthanasia today at 3pm. I am having HUGE second thoughts. Any comments are very gratefully welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or