Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 08:36 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times

Advertisements

He has intestinal issues, so the vet wants us to shave him so he doesnt get fur balls. Which can block him up!! Roxy is still being a pain. What is funny is she has seen him like this before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 09:46 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
We got these cat "treats" for our last cat that are supposed to prevent hairballs, they're 'Friskies' Hairball remedy. It is considered to be a medication, according to the package, but it's a little treat for them.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:07 AM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,007 times
I think this is so funny! This is why I like animals, they can brighten your day really fast! This cat is just too cute!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:38 PM

Voodoo is my baby, right now he is clinging to me following me around, his pal Roxy is still attacking him. He probably is very self conscience right now!!!! He is the most fun though, he does and always has carried barbies out of my daughters room by their head!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:23 AM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Voodoo is my baby, right now he is clinging to me following me around, his pal Roxy is still attacking him. He probably is very self conscience right now!!!! He is the most fun though, he does and always has carried barbies out of my daughters room by their head!!!
LOL!!!!!!!

That is so funny!

Carrying the barbies out by their heads! LOL!!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 03:01 PM

Three days and still no improvement. Roxy will sit near him the claw him and hiss. They dont sleep in the same room even. it is really getting annoying!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 04:14 PM

8,954 posts, read 4,271,054 times
They'll be friends eventually, I guess. The exact same thing happened to me when my dog got a haircut (black Russian Terrier). They used to be buddies but my cat hissed at him for a few days before he finally realized it's the same old Axel.

BTW, not only cats are idiots. The same Axel, who treats Leon (the cat) as his own pet, attacked him furiously the moment we tried to walk them both together. Suddenly, just a few steps outside the entrance, he didn't realize it was still his cat. Go figure...
Attached Thumbnails
My cat is an idiot!!!-pict0052.jpg   My cat is an idiot!!!-pict0581.jpg  

Old 03-23-2007, 04:19 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
http://www.idausa.org/cat_therapist/archive_august.html

Can this link help your dilemma? Being a dog person kinda hard for me to help, but hopefully you might get an answer. Good luck!

Old 03-23-2007, 06:03 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,333,088 times
Okay, this is the funniest thread ever! I love cats!!

Back on subject...I just had our seven month old kitten fixed. Before she went to the vet for her procedure, my older cat really liked her. Well, the day the little one came home from the vet, the older cat did nothing but hiss at the poor little thing. For TWO WEEKS she wanted nothing at all to do with her. It was driving me crazy cause I was proud to actually have two cats that got along (not very common for sure!).

Anyway, they are finally back to "normal" now. The vet tech told me it is all about smell. The older cat no doubt did not like the way the little one smelled after being at the vets. I couldn't smell anything but then I'm not a cat (just a cat mamma).

Hang in there for a few weeks...I'm sure things will improve and Barbie will be cast aside for the real thing.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTraveler View Post
Okay, this is the funniest thread ever! I love cats!!

Back on subject...I just had our seven month old kitten fixed. Before she went to the vet for her procedure, my older cat really liked her. Well, the day the little one came home from the vet, the older cat did nothing but hiss at the poor little thing. For TWO WEEKS she wanted nothing at all to do with her. It was driving me crazy cause I was proud to actually have two cats that got along (not very common for sure!).

Anyway, they are finally back to "normal" now. The vet tech told me it is all about smell. The older cat no doubt did not like the way the little one smelled after being at the vets. I couldn't smell anything but then I'm not a cat (just a cat mamma).

Hang in there for a few weeks...I'm sure things will improve and Barbie will be cast aside for the real thing.

Yea I guess the grooming washed all the voodoo smell she was used to off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats