U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 06:58 AM

172 posts, read 346,159 times
Default Neigbors cat is spraying on my house!!!!

that little f*cker!! I've seen his a** spray on the outside of our shed in our backyard...but I just now caught him spraying out on our deck..a foot from the sliding glass door!

What can I do? anything? I'm going to say something to the neighbors..they've got 6 or 7 cats that are outside all the time..I know this little sh*t isn't fixed either..I'm so so pissed (no pun intended) right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 10:14 PM
bjh
Status: "Goodbye, September. Hello, October." (set 10 hours ago)

20,225 posts, read 11,674,232 times
Spray a non-toxic citrus spray around the places he frequents. Cats don't like that smell.

Why Does My Cat Hate Oranges?

See post #3. Ask for it at a pet store.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,483 times
my neighbours cat has sprayed inside the house while i was getting floor laminated and the smell is terrible.I have tried vinegar and disenfectant but the smell is still there, it is bad enough that i have to clean the mess they leave imy back garden and now im stuck with this smell in my home. What can i do to get rid of this smell as the neighbours dont seem bothered, its a case of you prove it was our cat.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:54 PM

27,238 posts, read 26,121,719 times
Either way, your neighbor's cat needs to be restrained outdoors, or kept indoors. My room mate has an INDOOR cat. She lets him out on the patio sometimes, but he stays indoors, all the time.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:58 PM

16,192 posts, read 29,516,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon.fletch View Post
my neighbours cat has sprayed inside the house while i was getting floor laminated and the smell is terrible.I have tried vinegar and disenfectant but the smell is still there, it is bad enough that i have to clean the mess they leave imy back garden and now im stuck with this smell in my home. What can i do to get rid of this smell as the neighbours dont seem bothered, its a case of you prove it was our cat.
You need an enzyme cleaner - ask for one at the pet store that is specifically for cat urine. Even then, it might not do it. MY DD's cat urinated on her laminate floor and it trickled down underneath to the underlayer. She had to pull up the floor in that spot, treat the underlayer, and then put down new pieces. Good luck!

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:05 PM

622 posts, read 820,585 times
Neighbors like this really stink ( if you know what I mean)

I would trap the cat and have it neutered and adopted out to a better home.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:37 PM

9,721 posts, read 23,502,350 times
Stink Free is a enzyme cleaner that has worked well for us. It can be bought at Petco and is pricey, but works!
Here is a link : Find Pet odor remover: get rid of cat urine odor with Stink Free products! - STINK FREE DIRECT

Old 10-12-2009, 11:29 PM

354 posts, read 563,996 times
Default Too funny

Emma, forgive me but I had to laugh reading your post. I could just imagine you catching him at it.

Please try the recommended chemical/enzyme counter measures and know that the animal is not intent on personally ticking you off.

In theory, a way to control stray cat populations is to trap neuter and release. They continue to guard their turf. That is how we got our last couple of pet cats which as they got older became strictly house cats.

It is no picnic trying to lock a cat in the house when it is used to carousing and not much hope however owns the one you have problems with will do so.

Good luck!

Old 10-13-2009, 12:04 AM

11,806 posts, read 13,712,279 times
It might not be a bad idea to have a garden hose handy. The cat wouldn't like that too much.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:47 AM

3,593 posts, read 1,610,925 times
Makes you want to get a dog - huh. Sounds like you haven't lived there very long - have you met your neighbors. If you have, you could discuss this with them and have photos catching the cat in the act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats