Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 09:50 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,899,901 times

Advertisements

YAY! I thought about you and your kitties today- glad to hear that everything looks to be well with them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 07:10 AM

244 posts, read 717,855 times
Glad to hear the kitties are getting the care they need. That is great news about no parasites. You will have to post some more pics when their eyes clear up. They are beautiful kitties

Thank you again for being such a kind person

Old 06-03-2009, 07:56 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resilientsmile View Post
Glad to hear the kitties are getting the care they need. That is great news about no parasites. You will have to post some more pics when their eyes clear up. They are beautiful kitties

Thank you again for being such a kind person
It is so good to hear the kittens are doing well. Again, thanks so much for the love and attention you have given them!!!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 02:24 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,825,170 times
They had their first round of antibiotics tonight (squirt in the mouth) and they'll have some more before it gets dark. They also have some stuff I'm supposed to wipe on their eyes.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:29 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,318,662 times
Great job! You are such a wonderful person for taking care of these precious kitties which are a gift from God!

Old 06-03-2009, 07:30 PM

I got home from church and got two kittens for the second dose. I took them back to the shed to get the other two. The momma cat was back and she didn't act happy. So, I figured the other two kittens could do without their antibiotics for one night. I didn't want to upset momma.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:53 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
I got home from church and got two kittens for the second dose. I took them back to the shed to get the other two. The momma cat was back and she didn't act happy. So, I figured the other two kittens could do without their antibiotics for one night. I didn't want to upset momma.
You really need to get the antibiotics into the kitties on a regular schedule and not miss any doses. Don't worry about the momma cat - she'll deal with it!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:55 AM

When she's hissing, I leave her alone.

Maybe you'd like to approach a hissing, feral cat. I'm just not that brave.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:12 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,588 times
Default Stray Cat Had Kittens under Shed

OMG, just looked at the pictures of the kitties you posted and they are beautiful. I am an avid kittly lover..have two. It looks to me like they have colds in their eyes...one of them looks like hers/his is infected so the warm water wash you are doing should help. Is it possible for you to put a box with some old towels or rags in it for them to sleep in? I think with the eye infections they should sleep off the ground.

I would suggest that you call your local shelter and see if they can help you catch the whole kitty family. Tell them that you are worried about ther well being of the babies and the Mom and see if they would help you catch them. Be sure you let them know that these cats are not totally Feral (wild) and that with some help you are sure they can be caught.

There is normall a branch of the SPCA in most states so try googling that as well and you should be able to get info from them as well.

Good luck with the kitties, you are a kind soul to be taking care of them. I have a full grown female who is the same color gray as the ones in your picture. Her name is Doris and she is 8 years old. Then I have an orange tabby who is also half siamese and she will be 19 years old this summer....I know..that is a a truly old gal now isn't it!

Old 06-04-2009, 11:47 AM

The kittens got their eye ointment this morning (4 times a day altogether). I set down their food and put the ointment in their eyes. I had just finished that when momma came back. Since the eyes were done anyway, I left them to their momma. I know she needs to eat also.

I'll try to do the antibiotics that you shoot in their mouth when Mom gets home. Those are only done twice a day. And I can't hold the kitten and shoot the antibiotics in his mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats