Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 01:07 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times

Advertisements

Laxatone. But you may have to force her to eat it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 01:21 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,827,879 times
She seems to be fine now. I've checked on her a couple more times, and so far no more coughing.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:35 PM

I set up a box facing toward the house (away from the wind) for them to sleep in temporarily. We'll set up some kind of wooden house for them before it gets really cold.

They were really buttering me up before I came in the house.

My aunt will try to get me pictures by Wednesday, but she has to leave Friday (which means getting rid of them Thursday), so I doubt that will do any good. I could post them anyway, but there won't be much time. She got one of her cats ("Bootsie") spayed and vaccinated. The mother of her Siamese cats ("Blackie") will need to get fixed soon. The gray momma kittens' mother ("Lucy") will probably have to go to the pound. Not many people want a momma cat. She's going to see if she can give the 6 kittens away in front of the store tomorrow, and I'll call some pet stores to see if any of them will take the 3 siamese. They're not documented or anything, but from my experience most cats aren't. I think there's 2 pet stores around here that sell cats.

Her sister will come down and care for the 4 adult cats she has outside. But her sister doesn't have time to care for all of the kittens. She has 2 adult male siamese that will probably run off. That's what male cats do sometimes.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:15 PM

I've offered to foster my aunt's kittens the week she is gone. I'll be on fall break, so I'll only have one class that week, anyway.

The pet store said they might take the 3 Siamese kittens, but probably not until they're 8 weeks old (they're 6 weeks now). I can foster the 6 kittens for a week, though. They have a cage they can stay in overnight anyway. It's what they mostly stay in now.

Still not sure what to do about the 3 gray kittens, but at least if I foster them, they'll have another week to find homes.

If I do end up fostering them, there will be plenty of pics.

The pet store asked how much we would want for the kittens. I told her they're my aunt's kittens, but I don't think she would care much about getting paid for them. Money would be nice, but she mainly doesn't want them going to the pound.

A generous person here has offered to send money to get Lucy fixed, so she won't have to go to the pound. My aunt said that she will probably accept, but she wants a couple days to think about it.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:06 PM

The foster kittens will be here either tomorrow or Thursday, and they'll be here I think a week to ten days.

My aunt has somebody who may want one of the Siamese.

Runt decided to run in when I opened the door. The Min Pin cornered her, though. Runt and Turtle want applications to be inside cats.

It's funny. I'd rather take care of 6 kittens than one baby. I have no clue how to take care of babies.

One of my friends has a whippet (she thinks) that appeared on their property. She wants to see if she can do something with it. The closest pound won't take it, so I'll do some calling around next week (I'd like to this week, but I have a speech due tomorrow and these kittens to look after). Maybe a shelter will take him. She said he's a pretty dog. He showed up with an ugly dog who they think died under the house.

My Grandma's neighbors moved out and left a black-and-white cat and her 3 kittens. So we'll need to keep an eye on that situation.

Last edited by STLCardsBlues1989; 09-29-2009 at 09:23 PM..

Old 09-30-2009, 10:04 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
i remain on standby if you ever need help transporting......

check with the shelters whose names i gave you to see if they can take the whippet......

also.... see if there are whippet rescue groups around here who can help the dog out........

Old 09-30-2009, 08:07 PM

My aunt and uncle don't have time to bring them here tomorrow.

I have to go down there Saturday, so maybe I can pick them up then.

Last edited by STLCardsBlues1989; 09-30-2009 at 08:21 PM..

Old 10-01-2009, 08:44 PM

They gave one of the Siamese away. So I'll be watching 2 Siamese, 1 Black one, and 3 gray ones, all female.

They'll decide about Lucy when they get back.

The gray ones are slightly wild, so I'll have to pick them up by the neck.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:21 PM

Got the 6 kittens home. 3 are in the cage. 3 are in the carrier. The ones in the carrier (the Siamese) made more of a mess. We didn't have fresh litter boxes in the cage and carrier, so they made a little bit of a mess and got carsick. They managed to not get themselves very dirty. I hosed out the the carrier.

The 8 week old kittens are about the size of my 5-month old kittens. My aunt said the 8-week ones were wild. They were climbing the cage, but when I picked them up, they were purring and were fine. One of the Siamese (the younger ones) did try to climb my leg.

I'll post some pics tomorrow, when I have better daylight.

What a night.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:53 PM

Some first pics. I'll post some better ones later.

The 8-week old kittens

The 6-week old kittens

Turtle and Runt

Runt was grooming Turtle

Legs intertwined
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats