U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 12:24 PM

1,159 posts, read 2,288,855 times
Default Is Hartz Ultra Guard Dangerous Flea Medicine?

I came across the following article and thought y'all might want to look at it in case your cat is having flea problems: Read
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 12:51 PM

9,706 posts, read 23,153,116 times
I was under the assumption all that Hartz stuff was suppose to be taken off the market! These articles have been going on for well over a year warning against the stuff!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:51 PM

214 posts, read 601,290 times
You could not pay me to use any Hartz product on my pets.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:34 PM

9,817 posts, read 10,607,457 times
The problems with Hartz has been going on for many years. I would never use it and am surprised that retailers continue to carry those products.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:13 AM

1 posts, read 15,067 times
Default outraged

I just lost my cat because this(Hartz-company) is so freakin Hart-less applied the flea (treatment) to my baby to supposedly HELP her! within 3 hours she was drooling, had a big time seizure then never stopped convulsing and her face was twitching took her to vet...yada yada and alot of money later this morning I had togo sign papers and pay to put her to sleep Pretty sure 2morro I will go to nearby stores and take that crap off the shelf and throw n trash when I know nobody is looking.....maybe it will save a life or 50! fRers

Old 07-04-2009, 08:51 AM

1,501 posts, read 3,826,902 times
Sorry about your cat, IHateHartz. Funny all the garbage that is "supposed" to help our pets is always making them sicker, yet we continue to see advertisements, and NO warning hints whatsoever unless we dig on the Internet for it.

Wonder where all the lawyers are? They could be making bajillion-gazillions in pet owner-consumer cases each and every day and actually do a public service at the same time! (Since true news journalism is DEAD and GONE, gool ol' lawyers are the only hope. How sad is that?)

Old 07-06-2009, 07:50 AM

24,633 posts, read 29,686,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
I was under the assumption all that Hartz stuff was suppose to be taken off the market!
I saw the product at the grocery store just yesterday. It's no wonder people still use it, despite the warnings -- at $16 for three treatments, it's a heckuva lot cheaper than the Revolution we use on our cats.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:22 PM

41 posts, read 94,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I saw the product at the grocery store just yesterday. It's no wonder people still use it, despite the warnings -- at $16 for three treatments, it's a heckuva lot cheaper than the Revolution we use on our cats.
Lighting your pet on fire is cheaper still and has approximately the same results . . .

Old 03-05-2010, 12:39 AM

1 posts, read 13,457 times
I bought Hartz Ultraguard for my 14 mo. old cat at a Safeway store (I could kick myself for doing that, rather than spending more money buying from Vet)about 2 days ago. She is full of life, always curious, always playing.... except I noticed starting a day ago, she was not eating and just lying around. Also she was shaking one of her legs, she has no arthritis nothing like that, she is the healthiest kitten.... I am scared now that this may be in connection with this Hartz Ultraguard. I have washed her neck and back down with liquid detergent and hope and pray she'll be o.k. Never again Hartz....

Old 03-05-2010, 03:34 AM

3,062 posts, read 3,942,511 times
Default Flea treatments are so dangerous!!!

To quote my vet "I wouldn't put most of that garbage on my lawn, much less on my cat." ( )

There has got to be a good natural flea treatment somewhere!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats