Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:28 PM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,697 times

Advertisements

It only takes a tablespoon of bleach in a gallon of water to make a proper disinfectant. If you are using more than that, the fumes may be getting to your kitty.
I am a highly sensitive allergic person and whenever I walk into a laundrymat or an indoor public pool I start sneezing from the chlorine fumes.
My good thoughts are with you and your baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 12:46 PM

172 posts, read 1,063,369 times
Thanks all! I will keep you posted

Old 10-18-2014, 04:25 PM

840 posts, read 773,633 times
IF I were you, I would start adding organic Coconut oil to her feed, or if she won't eat it mixed in I would put it on her front foot for her to lick it off & swallow. (My dog gets some everyday, as do our family's members.) It is a natural & safe antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antiprotozoal, and anti-inflammatory . . . plus, it digests super easy, and burns like carbs instead of causing weight gain. Cats will often lick it up without adding it to any food, but not always.

"Coconut (Cocos nucifera) The Tree of Life"
http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/

"Adding coconut oil to your pet's diet is one of the healthiest things you can do for your pet! Read below how other users from The Coconut Diet Forums are using coconut oil for their cats, dogs, and horses! (Others also give it their birds.) This is just a sample of the testimonies about what coconut oil is doing for pets:" http://www.coconutdiet.com/pet_nutrition.htm

Old 10-20-2014, 03:27 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
When I got my Nimbus he had an upper respiratory infection, lots of sneezing and snooting and even his eyes got gunky. On the first visit the vet didn't want to give us an antibiotic, because he says those are over-used, so he gave us the lysine chews. Nimbus got worse, so we went back and he got antibiotics that fixed him up.

Thing is, on that very first visit, the vet declared it feline herpes virus, simply because that is a very common shelter bug that causes URI symptoms. The lysine, if I understand correctly, is specifically good for strengthening a cat's defenses against that virus in particular. Not like vitamin C for humans, as a general anti-cold remedy. Well anyhow, I question whether his diagnosis was correct now because he hasn't had a single symptom of this since then, and feline herpes is one of those you can't cure that will come back if the cat is stressed or weakened. He later developed asthma, but that's a whole other can o' beans. So maybe he had it and maybe not, but yours certainly might. Consider the lysine chewies. They're just a supplemental dietary thing, they might help.

Also I'm given to understand that citrus is toxic to cats and they detest the smell of it. To the point that people use citrus sprays and oils to keep them off of furniture and such. So on the one hand, maybe kitty got some nasty hated lemon stink on her poor nose...on the other, maybe she ingested it, which could be a problem. Keep an eye on her and make sure she can't get into that again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats