Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 09:15 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,251,769 times

Advertisements

I guess my kitty is mad at me! Last night I was packing my husband's suitcase for a business trip, she knows suitcases mean we "go away", kept hopping in the suitcase, making a general pain of herself, then, this morning, after he left, she peed right in his spot! Geez, I didn't know a cat could go that much!

Its an almost new mattress, cost $3000+. Fortunately, we had a matress protector, they do work! for anyone with pets, I highly recommend, along with a mattress pad.

Well, poor kitty, she was just upset, gets extra cuddles tonight. Also, she's the only female, my others are guys, she's never done this type of thing before!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 06:14 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Chances are, she is very upset with you...but, just in case...keep a close eye on her...Maybe the start of a UTI.
Both males and females have been known to do this.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:57 AM

2,557 posts, read 5,860,287 times
Make sure you use an enzyme cleaner on ALL the bedding or she will be back for more peeing. You have to get the odor out so the cat can no longer smell it. They have pretty good noses for these spots!

Old 07-20-2009, 03:58 PM

Will watch for UTI, but she does this when she's upset. I've found if you have pets, invest in a mattress protection cover, it just makes sense!

she's been talking up a storm today while my husband is away following me everywhere.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:14 PM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,123 times
You should never allow your pets in your bedroom for any reason unless they are sick or dying and need to be monitored 24/7. You have to establish this is your space and teach your pets to respect it. I went through years of scratching at the door and loud calls from my cats, but eventually they learned and now they never go near my door. They have the whole rest of the house to find their place.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
You should never allow your pets in your bedroom for any reason unless they are sick or dying and need to be monitored 24/7. You have to establish this is your space and teach your pets to respect it. I went through years of scratching at the door and loud calls from my cats, but eventually they learned and now they never go near my door. They have the whole rest of the house to find their place.

Awwww.................that's part of the reason to have a pet, IMO, something to cuddle.

Besides, if I barred her from the bedroom she just would have peed on something else, at least the mattress has a cover!

The whole point of this post wasn't to start a debate about "co-sleeping", just to serve as a warning to other pet owners to get a good mattress cover. We recently bought a nice, new mattress, about $3000, on sale, was about $5000, so we protected our investment with some covers. Get the kind that are water/soil proof, then put a cotton, hypo allergenic mattress pad on top for comfort. Protects against human accidents, which can happen, too!

Old 07-21-2009, 04:55 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylee54 View Post
Awwww.................that's part of the reason to have a pet, IMO, something to cuddle.

Besides, if I barred her from the bedroom she just would have peed on something else, at least the mattress has a cover!

The whole point of this post wasn't to start a debate about "co-sleeping", just to serve as a warning to other pet owners to get a good mattress cover. We recently bought a nice, new mattress, about $3000, on sale, was about $5000, so we protected our investment with some covers. Get the kind that are water/soil proof, then put a cotton, hypo allergenic mattress pad on top for comfort. Protects against human accidents, which can happen, too!
I understand what you are saying, and won't continue this debate except to offer this one last opinion. When you mentioned the purchase of the new bed, you did say "WE" and to me that means that you sleep with a "SO". Letting your pets sleep with you is the same as letting your children sleep with you on a regular basis. It impedes your intimacy. Your cat is trying to claim the territory of your "SO". It makes me wonder if you are so tired of your 'SO" that you need other company.
No offense, just one persons opinion.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:46 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Quote:
Wow...that's a first for me.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:18 AM

97 posts, read 275,162 times
Quote:
Ouch.

To the OP - our cat did the same exact thing 3 times to us. I summed it up to a new comforter we bought as it only happened when we used that particular blanket. Again the mattress protector saved the bed.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:12 AM

672 posts, read 5,094,004 times
Quote:
I didn't allow my cat to enter my bed at all the first week, after that she never really wanted to sleep with me. But I do allow her inside the bedroom, because I like having her around everywhere. She does jump into my bed at 3 am for cuddles, then she will leave again.

MaryLee, if you've ruled out UTI by your vet, I think your theory might be right. My cat peed on my bed once too, that was because bf had covered the filters of the covered cat toilet, and I didn't realize the strong smell that caused (the smell never comes out of the cat toilet). They usually want to tell you something. What you say makes sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats