Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 07:14 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,261 times

Advertisements

Could it be done? I think this is a good topic for the cat forums because cat owners specifically would be able to come up with better ideas and suggestions on the topic than just writers in general. I have tried some previous writing only to get discouraged in the past or run out of material about 40 to 50 pages in. I am wondering if you put lots of pictures in maybe and really go off the deep end, like deep thoughts with jack handy type of stuff, if you could make enough for a medium sized book? If anyone has tried this or has some suggestions it would be appreciated, I dont see this as an impossible task, but definitely a hard one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 10:09 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,674 times
Id suggest reading P.J. My Friend. It was an incredibly awesome book about a cat named PJ, the author had written other books in different ways, but this was totally off the wall what he usually wrote. It was like Marley and Me, but about a cat. I LOVED that book......for me, possibly better than the M&M.....anyhow, I HIGHLY suggest reading it. You might get some more ideas...

Ive thought of a book about Iggy...and the daily trials of living w/such a cat. Then I thought, no, a book about Iggy and all he does might be detrimental to the lives of all kitties awaiting homes. People might read his story and decided NO WAY of ever getting a kitty.....lol

Old 07-21-2009, 04:42 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,123 times
I have taken several creative writing classes and the one thread that is really important is to write about what you know. When you do that, your heart will show and others will recognize that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats