Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 08:34 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
We once had a cat that sat on the same chair with our young son every meal. It was really cute but Kitty was confused as son grew bigger and took up more and more room on the chair. Solution? Kitty sat in his lap. Today son is 28 and says he misses having a cat in his lap at mealtime.
If that's not a gift hint I don't know what is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 08:40 AM

5,013 posts, read 10,694,159 times
I love the look on the cat's face, especially in the first picture.
Cat's don't seem to have lost a lot of their "wildness." They seem to often wear that expression that says, "You know, I could kill you, if I wanted to. In fact, the only reason I haven't is because you feed me." They are just so much less docile than dogs (i.e. they have way more attitude.)
Thanks for the pics; they're really wonderful.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:26 PM

132 posts, read 224,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Hahahaha, that's classic!
Dunno about loading up a cat with "people food," though. Their nutritional needs and digestive systems are way different than ours. And sharing anything alcoholic with them's a definite no-no.
No one's accused a cat owner of being completely sane (who owns whom, anyway?) One symptom of my being "tetched" is that I throw a big birthday party cookout for "Weasie" every August. Even as they roll their eyes and snicker, people buy into the concept big time. They show up with wrapped presents, and with greeting cards - for a cat, mind you. Anyway, as the festivities for last year's 16th-birthday shindig were getting underway one of the guests suddenly grabbed the covered dish (of people food) that she'd brought and ran for the house. "Weasie's trying to get into this! Hide it in the kitchen!" 'twasn't so. The guest of honor was walking and sniffing around the gift and food table, sure enough, but several other folks provided the answer as to why. Each of them had delivered gifts containing catnip, which Weeze was picking up the scent of through the wrapped packages.
All of which is to say, I think cats aren't so much about consuming what their owners (servants) do as they're about being part of the occasion.
Lol thats awsome. I dont give her alot of people food just mostly chicken. On her brithday she got that cupcake and she only ate the cat treats on top of it lol.. Me and some friends ate the other cupcakes.. I would never give my cat beer or anything like that. I know thats a no no

Old 07-25-2009, 06:28 PM

132 posts, read 224,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
I love the look on the cat's face, especially in the first picture.
Cat's don't seem to have lost a lot of their "wildness." They seem to often wear that expression that says, "You know, I could kill you, if I wanted to. In fact, the only reason I haven't is because you feed me." They are just so much less docile than dogs (i.e. they have way more attitude.)
Thanks for the pics; they're really wonderful.
Lol yeah she looks mean in that picture. But shes is the sweetest cat ever. Her and her mom i took them to the vet last week and they kept telling me they were shocked how well behaved they were.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:12 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,694,159 times
No, she didn't look "mean" to me--just very "independent."
I really liked it b/c my cat has that look on her face ALOT, like she is constantly asserting her independence (in stark contrast, I might add, to the dog, who always wears an expression of abject devotion *LOL)
I also thought that it was funny that her expression in the pictures starts out as fiercely independent and becomes more and more placated as food is introduced. Typical cat. Mine is the same. But of course we love them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats