Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 03:45 PM

865 posts, read 2,144,512 times

Advertisements

I've always liked siamese cats. The one we had was a real chatterbox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 05:29 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,037,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
People let their cats outside unsupervised and they become a nuisance to the neighbors. The neighbors take matters into their own hands. The cats suffer for it. People need to keep their cats indoors where they're safe from mean spirited annoyed neighbors, cars, dogs and other predators, disease and parasites......
Strange as it might sound it is perfectly legal in upstate NY to kill feral cats. If its legal in such a liberal (ie confused) state there must be other states that dont make it an illegal act.

The reason is primarily to allow farmers to rid their land of an excess cat population. A large population of cats can destroy an eco-system real fast. The bird population alone would be decimated.

ITs sort of akin to deer hunting. Without hunting the deer population (which is out of control as it is) would be a danger as it encroaches into more urban areas.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:43 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,544,809 times
Congratulations on your new son!!! He is certainly a handsome boy and I wish you both many years of furry happiness. Thank you for the great picture too....

Old 09-09-2013, 10:45 AM

1,149 posts, read 2,503,089 times
Hello all. I have not posted on here for a very long time. Blame Facebook! LOL! I just thought I would see what has been going on.
About Simon...Yes I still have him. He doesn't look like the picture anymore. He weighs about 12 pounds (maybe more) and looks more like a... Mountain Lion.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats