Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:52 PM

8,797 posts, read 21,195,175 times

Advertisements

Last fall my daughter found an adorable tiny kitten that we called Otto & absolutely no one would take him in. I finally took him to PETCO. They have a volunteer shelter organization right there and someone adopted him.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 09:51 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,549,362 times
Today they are sooooo tame and not afraid of anybody. Didn't hear a Hiss out of any of them. I got some ointment from the vet today for that one on the right closest to the orange one, eye where one of them scratched it in the eye while playing the other day and just 2 treatments today and that eye is 100% better. They are just so sweet and innocent, none of this is their fault... all they did was be born to a stray Mother..

I fed them canned food twice today and every day, more of them are interested in that smelly new stuff. They are the hit of the neighborhood, everybody stops by to see them and to play with them but still, no takers on helping me keep them socialized or anyone wanting one...or two.... or three.. LOL! I LOVE how their little ear tips tip down.

Look how adorable!

This picture was taken day 2 after I found them, that is when they were still terrified of humans.

One of the tabby ones is a bit different! One back paw is orange as can be especially on the bottom so it has 3 black pads and one pink pad.. That is SO cute!

Yes, I am in love with them... I know that and it is going to break my heart when I have to leave next week and leave them.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:19 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,019,455 times
i would happily take the orange fellow, and the little tabby w/one orange paw. Wanna take a little side trip to Oregon?

Try a local feed/supply grange? We had a local grange where i used to live that if you brought a cage, and supplies for the day, then came and picked up anyone left at the end of the day, theyd set it up there and try to find homes w/the folks that came in.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Wanna take a little side trip to Oregon?
LOL! Of COARSE I DO! MY brother lives in Oregon and I haven't seen him in about 3 years! My sister lives in Washington state and she has gone down to see him this week end... to some sort of festival.. I WISH I could be there this week end!

Since I go back to work Wednesday, I am stuck and can't go anywhere. That would be a 5 day trip if I drove it so that is out, even if I had the time. (I doubt my old van would make it that far anyway.)

Old 08-08-2009, 08:39 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,210,000 times
They are all so adorable! Bless you for taking them in. I have 3 rescues myself. Why don't you try putting them on craigslist for a small rehoming fee to assure they don't go for snake food? You can also try lising them on Hoobly.com.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Why don't you try putting them on craigslist for a small rehoming fee to assure they don't go for snake food?
I could probably get rid of them today on a corner or in a parking lot to people who wanted them but I am frightened of who's hands they could fall into. I want to give them the best possiable chance I can, to get them into a responsiable pet owners hands and assure they get a good home and be taken care of.

I was helping my son find a home for one he had (a stray) and found someone who wanted it. I asked for his vets phone number to check him out and that was the deal breaker. He didn't believe in vets, didn't believe in S/N either. He didn't get the cat!

Old 08-08-2009, 12:57 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,120,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
I was helping my son find a home for one he had (a stray) and found someone who wanted it. I asked for his vets phone number to check him out and that was the deal breaker. He didn't believe in vets, didn't believe in S/N either. He didn't get the cat!
A girl who does her homework! Those little ones are definately in good hands! The world needs more people like you!

Old 09-11-2009, 09:46 PM

65 posts, read 142,243 times
You could try calling some local churches. Sometimes they'll help with things like this. It's worth a shot anyway. Bless you for helping them.

The orange one looks like my old cat, Porky. Had him for many years, then he had a stroke and we had to have him put to sleep.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:04 AM

I am back from work, I was gone for 29 days this time rather then my usual 28 days...

I am heart broken.. My daughter came the day I left to feed the Mom and kittens and everything was fine. She came the next day and the kittens were nowhere to be seen. I called the man in the neighborhood from the boat where I work, that feeds the strays a few days later to see if maybe she brought them down to his house and she didn't but she was showing up at feeding time, eating, then leaving. I figured she had just moved the kittens somewhere else.

Thursday night when I got home, she did not come to greet me as she always has before when I pulled up in the car. I am into my second day home and she has not shown up. I walked the neighborhood yesterday calling her with no luck. She was not at the door this morning when I got up doing her usual begging to be fed. I asked the man who feeds the strays and he has not seen her at all for several weeks.

This was my biggest fear, that someone would get them and probably take them to the kill shelter. This Mama cat was the only tame one of the strays and could be easily caught and I had tamed the kittens so they were easily caught.... easy targets for the people who do not like animals. I tried so hard (without success) to find someone to take them while I was gone to keep them safe.

The real kicker of it all is that I finally heard back from the organization I have been begging for help with all these strays and NOW, they were willing to let me go through them to get them S/N at a real low cost. We had found a great home for one of them too, the lady just hadn't had time to come pick out the one she wanted and take it home... I begged and begged everyone I saw to take them while I was gone to work, with or without the Mother, I'd pay for everything they needed those days I was gone but no one would help me. Now, it is to late. I could just cry!!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 12:29 PM

84 posts, read 277,543 times
Oh, this is so sad!!!! I'm so sorry. I understand your frustration. I'm currently trying to help a litter of kittens under my neighbor's porch. I cannot take them in due to my 5 cats and one large dog who will attack kittens. They are starting to wander and I'm worried they will be taken, run over, or just disappear. One is already missing!

Maybe you could call the local pound or go to their website to see if any of them are still there (if they were taken there). It's a slim chance, but it's worth a shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats