Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 08:04 AM

811 posts, read 1,386,277 times

Advertisements

How cute! He certainly looks happy in his new home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 10:20 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times
what a handsome little fella..... and obviously quite secure and content in his new home and new people, as evidenced by how he is sleeping........

Old 10-25-2009, 11:26 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,179,640 times
Yes, he's a beauty, and he obviously feels quite at home. Cats can be comfortable in such odd positions! He reminds me of a cat who once allowed me to live in its house. ;-)

Old 10-26-2009, 10:29 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,711 times
what a punkin!! adorable pix of him sleeping on his back...as the other poster said, clearly he's comfortable and knows he is at HOME. i'm so glad it worked out that he could stay with you.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:59 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times
oops, sorry guys, I organized my photobucket account and the links broke. I'll put up a photo album w/ his pics under my name later tonight

funny, amazing thing happened though. last night my roommate and I heard some meowing outside near our door. we were joking around about our apartment turning into a "home for wayward animals". but this morning, as I was leaving to go to class, I heard the meowing again and went to go investigate. I found a TINY baby kitten in our front yard. on top of that it was yet ANOTHER male orange tabby! this little guy was tiny though, maybe 6-8 weeks old, and he did have a collar on. I was on my way to class and debated for a few seconds just continuing on, but of course I couldn't. poor baby was probably out there all night, crying, and we ignored him the night before (ended up missing that class. oops. hopefully my professor is an animal lover and will understand!). I brought him inside, but Julius freaked out and started hissing at him, so I dropped him off at animal control and they promised to hold him for 5 days. so now I'm making up more flyers advertising another found male orange tabby! hopefully this little guy has better luck since he did have a collar (but no tags), but he was so cute that even if his owners aren't found, he'll get adopted quick.

me thinks he was Julius's baby brother. there is a large, intact male orange tabby running around our block that my neighbor has been trying to catch and get fixed, but he's been avoiding the traps. maybe he's the one creating all of these orange cats running around our block (my landlord also has a orange and white male tabby she found on our block earlier this year. funny enough, like Julius, he was also a crypto-orchid (sp) and only had one testicle. I read somewhere that it was genetic, so they may be related). that cat is going to have us up to our ears in orange tabbies if we don't get him snipped soon ! I'll have to let my neighbor know so she can double up on her efforts!

but seriously, is there a "no vacancy" sign we can put on our door or something? I feel like every time we open our door, another cat is going to walk in!

Old 11-03-2009, 10:39 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,953,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
but seriously, is there a "no vacancy" sign we can put on our door or something? I feel like every time we open our door, another cat is going to walk in!

sorry eevee, once you open that door it never closes. hehehehehe My mom was the feral cat feeder for years, we laughed there was a map and kitty readable signs all over the floodplain and creek area behind her house 'cuz there was always kitties waiting for food. All breeds, sexes and colors. Real United Nations in that yard....

it's hard to say no, once you've been adopted by one, and of course you know you have to have someone for Julius to play with, the hissing will stop.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:43 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,179,640 times
No one owns a cat. They most definitely own you.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:36 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou View Post
sorry eevee, once you open that door it never closes. hehehehehe My mom was the feral cat feeder for years, we laughed there was a map and kitty readable signs all over the floodplain and creek area behind her house 'cuz there was always kitties waiting for food. All breeds, sexes and colors. Real United Nations in that yard....

it's hard to say no, once you've been adopted by one, and of course you know you have to have someone for Julius to play with, the hissing will stop.
ESPECIALLY as young as they both are..... they will likely become inseperable BEST pals like my two.......

Old 11-09-2009, 06:06 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
ESPECIALLY as young as they both are..... they will likely become inseperable BEST pals like my two.......
naw, we dropped off the kitten at the shelter. I never got a call from anyone missing a kitten. called the shelter a few days ago to check up on him (had his receiving number) and they told me was was adopted out very quickly (2 days after the initial 5 day holding period). Julius is gonna have to wait a while before a gets a feline little brother or sister (we've already got plenty of animals here between him, the near dozen rats, and the occasional ferrets that come over for overnight visits! not to mention the neighbor's dog who sometimes comes to visit). in another couple of years, who knows, there may be a vacancy

Old 11-13-2009, 02:18 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,214,075 times
Another orange tabby fan. Glad you took him in. I feed some ferals (and TNR) behind my complex. They need us - and he picked you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats