Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 06:38 AM

1,354 posts, read 4,088,529 times

Advertisements

"StarlaJane wrote:... "As I previously stated, this shouldn't be about what the OP wants, but what the cat wants."

This is ridiculous. (No disrespect intended but that is so far out it is the only response I could give.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 09:07 AM

102 posts, read 217,850 times
I'd be very careful about allowing a cat outside unsupervised.Mine can get into trouble not 10 feet from me in the house.I personally would never let a cat wander outside in Florida(or anywhere for that matter) but some cats can make it if they know what to do to defend themselves.
A young kitten really should be supervised if you are going to let them outside.Chances are kitty won't stray far from you at first and may not like being outside unless you are in view.If you have a screened in porch let your kitten check it out.Mine loves it and has no desire to go past it to the outside world.
If you really want your cat to be an indoor/outdoor cat then you must keep all vaccinations current,get them spayed or neutered and don't declaw them.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:04 PM

5,007 posts, read 10,684,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama View Post
"StarlaJane wrote:... "As I previously stated, this shouldn't be about what the OP wants, but what the cat wants."

This is ridiculous. (No disrespect intended but that is so far out it is the only response I could give.)
I pray that you do not own animals. Some of us in this world actually respect our pets. If you do own animals, they are obviously your "toys." Stick to stuffed animals. (no disrespect intended but your response is so disturbing that is the only response that I could give.)

Old 09-24-2009, 03:17 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
My dog wants steak everynight. He would probably love to roam the streets, regardless of cars.
My cats would also love the garbage food so many pet companies make....
My kids would love free access to my CCs.
Do I allow any of this to happen? Is it because I don't respect them because it is what they want?
Please....your statement was just too "out there" . The OP should be keeping her kitten safe...not let it roam "because it wants to". Common sense needs to prevail at some point.!

Old 09-24-2009, 05:32 PM

622 posts, read 1,723,516 times
Agree

Animals are NOT people. People who treat animals like people gen have a very low mindset when it comes to reality and what is best for the animal

I understand we love our pets but there is a line.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:44 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
There a many poisonous plants in Florida too. Domestic cats are . . . . well, domestic. They are like kids that don't know any better. If you lived in the barrios or on a freeway, would you let you kids out unsupervised? We don't live in a safe world anymore - for kids or domestic animals.

Keep your baby inside and he/she will live a long, happy, life. Cats can be leash trained, so that can be an option. Go outside and enjoy the world together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats