U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 AM

102 posts, read 186,085 times

Advertisements

Does your cat do anything funny or silly?all of mine have done funny things that I have adored......
My first cat was a gorgeous Maine Coon named Beth-Sheba.She was a sweetheart and loved anyone who touched her with love.When we moved to Florida she discovered lizards in a big way.If you heard her out on the porch meowing like crazy it was time to shut the door or she would be bringing a lizard trophy into the house.She also had a fascination with tight,dark places and had to be rescued many times from behind the washing machine.Her compadre,Willy Mays,was an escape artist of the highest order.We really should have named him Houdini.The second you opened the front door he was streaking to freedom.Freedom to him meant the hydrangea bushes and you had to drag him out kicking and screaming.He also liked to follow my dad into the garage and "help" him fix cars.The funniest thing he did was fall into the pool several times.He would lay by the edge of the pool and stretch out so far he would topple right in.He also fell in the toilet a few times.Willy and Sheba also enjoyed sharing cereal with my dad in the mornings.
Charlie was my special boy and I was lucky enough to have him for 18 years.He was a black and white tuxedo kitty and the most special boy.He HATED the vet.His chart was marked in red ink "very agressive"if you took him tot he vet you could hear his growling reach a scary crescendo as soon as you walked into the building.He liked to perch on the countertops in the kitchen and give a nip to anyone who was foolish enough to walk by and he loved to hide under the dining room table and pounce on anyone who walked by.We fed him the morning and he was relentless until you got up and fed him....burrowing under the covers with you,purring,licking your ears...if that didn't work he would jump onto the bureau and start flinging things to the floor.He also learned how to flush the toilet,which was a bit disconcerting when you were alone in the house!
Simba is my current baby and she is.............well,a bit of a split personality.One day she is the most affectionate,sweet cat you could ever ask for and other days she evil incarnate.When she is affectionate she is a purring sweetheart who will rub up against you and kiss your fingers.When she is evil she is a tail switching harpy.
Sorry so long,I guess my trip down memory lane was a long one...so tell me what funny things your cats do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 10:16 AM

3,771 posts, read 6,555,033 times
Mine loves to hop up on the table and put her front paws on my shoulder, nuzzle my head and then proceed to climb around my neck and perch herself there. Mind you she's no kitten, she's full grown but still thinks she is a kitten. When I'm laying on the bed she loves to come over to me, flop on her back and nuzzle my head with her head.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:18 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,365,601 times
My little one Amelie loves the telephone. When I'm on it talking, she wants to sit in my lap or try and get on my shoulder to hear the other person at the other end.

Her new thing is the weather line. I'll call and hold up the phone for her and she'll listen for the whole miniute and a half.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseystarz View Post
My little one Amelie loves the telephone. When I'm on it talking, she wants to sit in my lap or try and get on my shoulder to hear the other person at the other end.

Her new thing is the weather line. I'll call and hold up the phone for her and she'll listen for the whole miniute and a half.
Be careful. She might start calling some boy cats.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 AM

LOL^^^^^^
do any of your cats watch tv?Simba seems to really like Animal Planet.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:25 AM

Mine may or may not look at it, depends on her mood, but if there happens to be another cat on TV she'll watch.

But that is her perfect chance to jump onto our laps. She loooooves laps.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:36 AM

1,966 posts, read 3,029,347 times
Our kitten, Samson, has a HUGE personality. He's into every thing! When I blow dry my hair, he comes in the bathroom with me and waits for me to bend over, then he jumps on my back and lays down. I blow dry my hair in that position until I get dizzy and then dh has to come in and rescue me.

Samson likes to visit my mom in the MIL suite and hitch a ride on her walker. She loves when he goes down and visits her. She is a little worried about him doing it when he's full grown because it looks like he is going to be a BIG boy! Actually I'm a little worried about him jumping on my back when he's older.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:36 AM

I don't know exactly how well she can see the tv...but there have been times when I have seen her sitting bolt right,ears pricked and on high alert watching lions on AP.Maybe it's just the movement that attracts her,but it is really cute to see.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 AM

19,404 posts, read 52,198,273 times
I also have one who used to fling stuff off the night stand to get me up in the morning. Now, the dogs do that so she doesn't have to. Once I come back in w/the dogs, she stands in the door of the bedroom, yowling quite loudly, to say "feed me NOW' - I guess she hopes I'll skip the dog's breakfast and get to her first.

I had one who slept under the covers and when he was ready for me to get up, he started head butting me in the back!

Old 09-24-2009, 11:06 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,365,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Be careful. She might start calling some boy cats.

AHHHHH THOSE TEENAGE YEARS WILL BE COMING UP SOON!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or