Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 06:03 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
PEOPLE - DO NOT BUY THE GOODLIFE RECIPE!!!! It will ruin your cats forever.
Too late ... LOL

Our kitties love all sorts of treats. If I plop the kibble in their bowls and a treat doesn't follow within 10 seconds, I get "the look." You know the one, it says: "Hello? There's something missing here ..." And if I'm in the kitchen, well ... The only reason I go into the kitchen is to fetch cat treats. Right? I step foot over the threshhold and they're glommed onto me in a flash. Mew! Mew! Mew! I want a treat!

They do like Temptations better, especially the Dentabites. Kids. What are you gonna do ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 06:22 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Thanks for the tip! I've been thinking about trying those treats
Let us know how they taste.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:29 AM

After dinner, if we start having some ice cream or some other kind of dessert, our cat will look at us with this face and if she could talk she would say where is my dessert. Of course I give her some treats. We give her the temptation natural treats.

Whiskas All Natural Temptations Cat Treats - Treats - Cat - PetSmart

She used to love the Max Cat Chicken treats and would tear into them almost like Garfield diving into lasagna. But we haven't been able to find them in months.

MAX Cat Gourmet Kitty Roasted Chicken Flavor Treats (http://www.nutroproducts.com/mc-tr-rc.shtml - broken link)

However, in searching for the picture of the package, I found this.

NUTRO® Premium Pet Food for Dogs and Cats (http://www.nutroproducts.com/press-recall/press-recall.html - broken link)

Old 10-14-2009, 01:03 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,359,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Honestly, you're the only person I have ever known who has tried them. I have often wondered what they tasted like - I mean the do smell yummy, but I never had the guts to actually eat one myself.

Eger, if you ever sample any of those gourmet Fancy Feast appetizer things, let me know. I've always wondered.

20yrsinBranson

It's not an activity I often do, but I wanted to see what all the fuss is about so I tried one. Fancy Feast, ehh that's crossing the line.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:32 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
He thinks that it's junk food, but in all actuality it's his premium cat food. He thinks because I shake the jar, that it's something different.
My cats didn't fall for that one. They're a lot of things, but gullible they ain't!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:40 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Let us know how they taste.
lol...someone beat me to it! We are taking volunteers for the Fancy Feast appetizers...interested?

Old 10-16-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
lol...someone beat me to it! We are taking volunteers for the Fancy Feast appetizers...interested?
I'll pass. I can't stand the smell of it.

I'll stick with my steak and mashed potatoes.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:22 AM

5,863 posts, read 11,917,859 times
I've been buying mine Feeline Greenies What's Greenies but the grocery store quit carrying them and I have to buy them at the specialty store now. I bought a bag of the Good Life treats and you are right - I call it kitty crack.

My big boy is overweight so I limit the treats (hence the 2 calorie Greenies). He gets them every night before we go to bed. Last week, I came out of the kitchen without treats in my hand and the look on his face was priceless. It was like "mommy where are my treats mommy, surely you're not going to bed without giving me my treats" . I scurried back to the kitchen and got his treats pronto! Do they have us trained or what!

Old 10-16-2009, 09:53 AM

605 posts, read 2,989,036 times
I used to give the Whiskas Temptations, but my cats were so completely obsessed with them to the point I couldn't even enter the room where I kept the treat bag without getting meowe'd and harassed to give them some.

They get the same thing the puppy does now - diced up baked chicken breast. It's cheaper than commercial treats and healthier, too. And since they are kept in the fridge (which I am in and out of 20 times a day), they never know and anticipate when they are going to get some.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:00 PM

391 posts, read 1,708,342 times
Quote:
thanks for the tip! I've been thinking about trying those treats, well not me, but for the cats.:d my babies get the whisker lickens too and would eat them all day if i let them.
my babies love the whisker lickin's. My passive cat even gets aggressive if the other cat comes nearby while she is eatting them. She will meow and even jump up for them. I don't even try other snacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats