Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 11:06 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations on the new family member.

Cookie and Checkers say "Way to go!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 12:19 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,471,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
We are thinking of naming him Archie. Also thought of Ziggie and Cosmo, but for some reason he seems like "Archie", kind of a corny name though, isn't it?

I always HATE looking at Craigslist in the "Pet" section. It just makes me furious how easily people give their animals away to total strangers. I volunteered at a shelter for a while and you hear all the horror stories, people using kittens as snake food, for pit bulls etc.
That's why I never look. It just breaks my heart to see all those animals and knowing I can't take any more than the ones I already have. Even going into Petsmart kills me as they always have the adoptees right by the entrance/exit doors .

I quit working at a shelter before I got fired for telling prospective owners off for wanting to declaw their new kitties.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:23 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Success. I coaxed him out from under the bed with one of those string on a stick toys. I just kept talking to him quietly. He finally came out and then he got brave and jumped on the bed, right next to me.... he even let me pet him. Then I showed him his food and he ate a little.

His fur is kind of short/ medium long...but his ear tufts are really long - his mother was a black cat! He doesn't have black hair on him. My husband will kill me, if I want another kitty mate for him to play with, we'll see how it goes... but if he annoys the older boys .

forum rules, please read them

Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
That's why I never look. It just breaks my heart to see all those animals and knowing I can't take any more than the ones I already have. Even going into Petsmart kills me as they always have the adoptees right by the entrance/exit doors .

I quit working at a shelter before I got fired for telling prospective owners off for wanting to declaw their new kitties.
I know exactly how you feel. I used to hate all the people who would bring in litter after litter and refuse to spay their cat. We offered a spay for $40 at the time. Some people would bring in one animal and then go into the adoption rooms to try and get another one!

Old 10-16-2009, 07:57 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Archie is totally precious. I just love to see a kitten playing. They have so much fun.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:04 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,326,588 times
He he nice family pic!

Old 10-17-2009, 06:46 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times
Congratulations on your new baby! He is a cutie!

Old 10-17-2009, 07:56 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
Why not name him Craig?

Old 10-17-2009, 08:02 AM

622 posts, read 1,724,331 times
He looks part siamese to me maybe siamese mane coon mix.

Basically he's VERY lucky to have found you.

I would keep indoors, don't de claw, feed canned ( Instincts,wellness grain free/core,Natures Logic, Innova EVO), or raw such as (primal, bravo or natures variety).

and I think we ALL can agre to this one...have him NEUTERED

Old 10-17-2009, 08:10 AM

Oh, I will have him neutered - that is for SURE . I always trim the nails on my kitties, but never declaw. Have never tried the raw foods - where do you buy them? I usually buy the cat food at Whole Foods and feed Petguard or Wellness.
Thanks for all the nice comments

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats