U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2007, 06:29 PM

550 posts, read 2,541,802 times

Advertisements

I love my cats so much. We have had BB for 3 years. CC became a member of our family last summer. She is a beautiful cat with a raccoon tail and a mixture of long and short hair.

Well, she keeps jumping on BBs back and biting her neck. This is mostly in the mornings. It is to the point that I have to lock her up every time she is in that mood. We have gotten her spayed hoping she would calm down.

Any ideas how to stop her? I would hate to have to get rid of one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 10:12 PM

8,204 posts, read 31,569,646 times
I think you might have hit on a solution there....if it mainly happens in the morning, I'd keep them separated during that period - break the habit.

Maybe you can create a new habit in it's place...a few minutes of separate cuddle time or treats...just get the brain following a different pattern in the mornings.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:41 PM

1,372 posts, read 4,757,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
I love my cats so much. We have had BB for 3 years. CC became a member of our family last summer. She is a beautiful cat with a raccoon tail and a mixture of long and short hair.

Well, she keeps jumping on BBs back and biting her neck. This is mostly in the mornings. It is to the point that I have to lock her up every time she is in that mood. We have gotten her spayed hoping she would calm down.

Any ideas how to stop her? I would hate to have to get rid of one of them.
skoe
is BB a kitten or a very young adult?
could just be play fighting

I think unless CC is being hurt let it play out for a bit
maybe CC will get mad enough and put your new kitty in her place

I guess I don't know on limited info

Is CC an old cat
does CC get hurt or cry?

I guess i am wondering if one is trying to prove who is the Alpha Kitty
and until they have it straight it may continue

I adopt a lot of doggies and we have the same issue everytime someone new comes to visit they are just trying to figure out the pecking order

Old 05-11-2007, 10:54 PM

550 posts, read 2,541,802 times
BB is 3 years old.
CC is almost 1.

CC jumps on BBs back and bites her neck.
BB must not fight back because she has scabs on her neck or I notice she suddenly has a patch of fur missing. It seems like BB can't walk around the house most of the time without CC stalking her.

If CC turns out to be the alpha cat I wonder if she will eventually leave BB alone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or