Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 05:49 PM

605 posts, read 2,989,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcher View Post
I buy the 3 oz size because I only have 1 cat. I pay $.98 for wellness and $1.29 for the Weruva.
Wahhh...and I thought LA was supposed to be expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 07:39 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
PetSmart is less expensive than PetCo. I don't get the BB Wilderness, because it only comes in the 3oz cans. I get the Blue Spa in the 5.5oz cans, and he gets 1/4 of a can per day. I get his BB at PetSmart, and his Merrick at PetPeople. You can get a $3.00 off coupon from Blue Buffalo from their website, but you have to use a different computer, plus name and address each time you request one. I had one, but lost it, and haven't been able to get another one.

He gets all the canned BB Blue Spa varieties that PetSmart carries, and all the varieties of Merrick Gourmet from PetPeople. There's another variety of BB Blue Spa (beef & liver), but they don't carry it at PetSmart, only at PetCo, and I'm not going to make a special trip for one or two cans of food.

I sent PetSmart an email about it, but it's not being carried yet.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:46 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
PetSmart is less expensive than PetCo. I don't get the BB Wilderness, because it only comes in the 3oz cans. I get the Blue Spa in the 5.5oz cans, and he gets 1/4 of a can per day. I get his BB at PetSmart, and his Merrick at PetPeople. You can get a $3.00 off coupon from Blue Buffalo from their website, but you have to use a different computer, plus name and address each time you request one. I had one, but lost it, and haven't been able to get another one.

He gets all the canned BB Blue Spa varieties that PetSmart carries, and all the varieties of Merrick Gourmet from PetPeople. There's another variety of BB Blue Spa (beef & liver), but they don't carry it at PetSmart, only at PetCo, and I'm not going to make a special trip for one or two cans of food.

I sent PetSmart an email about it, but it's not being carried yet.
Thanks for the info Moved. Tried the BB Spa and it was turned down by them all I swear, I must have the fussiest cats around! I did find both dog and cat coupons on the BB website..said they'd be sending them to me....I'm headed over to PetSmart tomorrow to check out their prices...I see on their website they are 10 cents a can cheaper and a few bucks on the dry food. When you buy as much as I do, it all adds up!

Old 11-07-2009, 08:34 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
I know what you mean, I used to have 12. Now I stick to one.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:53 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Thanks for the info Moved. Tried the BB Spa and it was turned down by them all I swear, I must have the fussiest cats around! I did find both dog and cat coupons on the BB website..said they'd be sending them to me....I'm headed over to PetSmart tomorrow to check out their prices...I see on their website they are 10 cents a can cheaper and a few bucks on the dry food. When you buy as much as I do, it all adds up!

My experience as well...the BB Spa got the cold tail treatment...I may try the "Wilderness"...but sheesh... $1.39 for a 3 .oz can is very pricey!!!!
I did not see any coupons on the BB website...???

Old 11-07-2009, 02:49 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
My furry kid gets Wellness grain-free canned and a tiny bedtime treat of Nature's Variety grain-free dry, and he has done very well on it. He was just a bit overweight (a pound or so) six months ago when I started him on that regimen, so I started him with half a can a day of the Wellness wet in two feedings plus a tablespoon or so of the dry for his bedtime snack. The extra weight came off slowly but surely, and he is now at an ideal weight, getting 2/3 can per day in two feedings, with the same tiny bedtime snack.

I haven't had any difficulty at all in getting him to eat the food I buy for him, but that's because when he's hungry enough, he'll eat whatever I give him. On the rare occasions when he leaves any of the wet food behind, I'll leave it there for no more than 30 minutes, then scrape it into the garbage. I know he'll be more than ready to eat his next meal.

I do agree that the premium varieties are quite a bit pricier. However, it doesn't take nearly as much of the good stuff to feed a cat as it does the cheap kibble with lots of filler. And as a side benefit, Finn's toots no longer clear the entire house, which was the case when he was getting food that contained grains.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:50 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
My experience as well...the BB Spa got the cold tail treatment...I may try the "Wilderness"...but sheesh... $1.39 for a 3 .oz can is very pricey!!!!
I did not see any coupons on the BB website...???
Went into PetSmart today and bought another 2 cases of Wilderness....$1.19 on sale compared to PetCo's $1.59...
CF....I just got my coupons today from BB....$3 off cat food, and $5 off dog. (of course, this was AFTER my shopping trip)
Go to the BB website and on the right it says "take the test"....It is a comparsion of what food you are currently using...takes literally 3 sec. At the end they ask if you want a coupon. Can do it separately for both cats and dogs.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:03 PM

548 posts, read 1,479,036 times
Thanks for the info on canned food and prices!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:15 AM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itscolduphere View Post
I did some searching online and see that most of these are available here in the Triangle Area of NC. Lottamoxie have you tried trianglepet.com? I see that Nature's Variety, Evo and other brands are available there, and they deliver in the area... how cool is that!

I have to chuckle... mine is a "social eater" also, and has to have something when we're sitting at the table, (and I've "caved" in the past, which is probably why she's overweight due to all these extracurricular feedings). AND also has her own bathroom LOL!
Hi It'sCold! I am a customer of trianglepet.com! I got my last order of Evo wet from them and I've been ordering my dog's food from them for about 6 months now. Small world!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:23 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,359,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
I feed my guys Wellness Core and wanted to switch them to a total wet diet. I had no success....and they wouldn't touch the wellness can. I've recently tried Blue Buffalo Wilderness, (dry and which is also highly rated) which they love, and I see they have a can version...so I'm going to try that next time I'm out.
Be careful with the Wilderness, my cats loved that stuff. One a little too much. I had to rush her too the Vet one day when she had a very bad bladder infection with crystal build up. Vet said the food contributed to it. He said it's also not a good type of food for an indoor cat that is non-active, it's very rich, and will cause your cat to gain weight (the dry version).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats