U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2007, 05:33 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,526,733 times

Advertisements

has been drinking sweet tea! I think she is hooked. I was laying on the couch last night and I was gonna reach over and grab my tea and who is there drinking it? Mollie! I was like, well, I guess I wont be taking my meds w that, didn't think it would hurt her. She got down and a few mins later came back and got some more !!! She had fresh water in her bowl. I dumped it out so she wouldn't drink anymore... she already runs around like crazy... no more caffeine for her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 01:50 PM

31,165 posts, read 57,302,589 times
That's so funny! Our former cat (RIP) used to put two paws up on the coffee table to sniff my tea, and would make the same "Oh, yuck!" face every time. Guess my tea was safe!

Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,376,904 times
You know cats are supposed to be finicky??

Not mine...
Salem likes red licorice, cheetos, really anything with a strawberry flavor...of course we don't let him have the treats because he looks like he has a belly full of babies...

Tumnus likes it when we have pizza because he likes to have a bite of olive or mushroom.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:18 PM

8,204 posts, read 31,564,672 times
Oh, that's funny!

One of my birds (parrot) is addicted to Snapple Peach Iced Tea. He'll sit on my shoulder and reach over with his beak to grab the glass away from me. It's like a nectar to him.

My husband said I should put a little dish of it in his cage for him.......but I don't think that's a wise idea - too much sugar.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:42 AM

28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times
LOL... some cats do have weird taste! My mom's cat LOVES vegetables, especially asparagus, onions and lettuce, and he's also addicted to chocolate pudding - very strange. And my cat recently decided she loves dog food, but only the Pro Plan brand (which I recently switched my dog to)... she'll actually run over when I open the can, and make the dog wait until she's had her share. Funny how he submits to a 10 lb. cat, but attacks my roommate's 95 lb. Lab for going near his wet food. Guess we know who really rules the animal kingdom.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:34 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,526,733 times
well,last night I was sitting at the far end of the couch holding a glass of tea, and she jumped on the arm of the couch and was trying to drink my tea....I told her I dont think so little missy! Shes a sweet girl tho...

Old 05-18-2007, 11:40 AM

378 posts, read 1,083,073 times
I once had a cat, one of several cats that I had at the time, who was very small, about 3 pounds when fully grown. She was also very timid with the other cats who simply ignored her. HOWEVER.... If I put real meat (cooked hamburger, just a small bit) into the food, this tiny cat would turn into a raging beast, growling and snarling and spitting at the others, daring them to come close.... None did. They would wait till after she had her fill. It was too funny to see them all sitting in a circle around her, while she delicately ate.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:11 PM

28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoJimo View Post
I once had a cat, one of several cats that I had at the time, who was very small, about 3 pounds when fully grown. She was also very timid with the other cats who simply ignored her. HOWEVER.... If I put real meat (cooked hamburger, just a small bit) into the food, this tiny cat would turn into a raging beast, growling and snarling and spitting at the others, daring them to come close.... None did. They would wait till after she had her fill. It was too funny to see them all sitting in a circle around her, while she delicately ate.
LOL, I can totally see that! Real meat does do something crazy to animals... my mom's cat (the same one who eats asparagus) got hold of a chicken bone once, and turned into a raging maniac too. He even growled at my mom when she tried to grab it, and he'd NEVER done that before! We can domesticate cats & dogs, but I suppose some primal instincts will always remain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats