Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 01:46 PM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times

Advertisements

I thought the same thing as No Kudzu when I saw it at first like WHAT?? She got two new babies, how will KK cope with the competition? He's THE CAT. And also, with the comment about the cell, I also thought of like jail or maybe (lol) a padded room for one of us crazy cat ladies? What? And then read it again and was like yeah, cell phone. Duh.

Funny, we do think alike around here...

Old 05-14-2013, 06:17 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
I wish this thread would go away. =(

It makes me miss Max and Chloe. It makes me think of the 2 years of my life I wasted. It makes me think of a man who punched my car up with his bare hands.

It makes my right now life feel like an awesome dream. One that I am forever grateful for. It makes me feel so loved and cared for.

I suppose if I had to go through those years to get me to these years it was well worth it....

Old 05-14-2013, 07:00 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
Have a moderator close it, then it'll go away. I did that with a thread, and that was the end of the comments.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:46 PM

7,049 posts, read 4,818,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I wish this thread would go away. =(

It makes me miss Max and Chloe. It makes me think of the 2 years of my life I wasted. It makes me think of a man who punched my car up with his bare hands.

It makes my right now life feel like an awesome dream. One that I am forever grateful for. It makes me feel so loved and cared for.

I suppose if I had to go through those years to get me to these years it was well worth it....
Pik, I'm so glad he didn't use those hands on you(at least I hope he didn't) like he did with the car. You are sooo much better off. I'm sorry for your loss of the kitties, but you are well better off now.

I agree, message a mod.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:08 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
SouthernBelleInUtah should be able to do it for you, and she's on here, too. If not, any mod will do it.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:19 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
I sent a text to someone....thanks.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:48 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Thank you all for your well wishes. My camera was taken and I can post from my cell. Will do it after work or tomorrow.

Also: Can't we all just get along? I am hoping my kittens are healthy ones. I am thinking that the mother was already gone so either the lady letting them be covered in fleas or I will be taking care of them.

Right now they are sitting on my lap with me as I type. They do not meow to get up here, they just climb up my leg....

I am going to take them up to the vet on Saturday to get them checked out. Happy day all!
Good but don't let the vet get ANY needles near them. I would wait for any drugs/vaccinations until they are completely flea free! As others have said get them on a quality (ideally) raw meat and bones and a few veggies diet. Wait until a good month or so AFTER when the vet suggests they get fixed. Getting it done sooner can shorten their life span and bring on urinary tract diseases that are totally preventative if the vets just SIT TIGHT and put their patient's well being first. You can really screw up a cat's health even more by getting neutering and spaying done too early.

For natural flea remedies there is "Vita-mineral Mix" by Halo, a natural immune booster, that you can buy or make. The recipe is in any of Anitra Frazier's books or on-line including city-data. I have posted it at least half a dozen times but that was long ago. You can bathe with lemon water rinse where you let lemons sit in water over night to infuse the water. The fleas don't like the lemon water.

You can put food grade diatamaceous earth around your house to kill the fleas there. You can also put a little on your kittens especially at the base of the tail and on the tail and between the shoulder blades.

If it isn't humid where you are, you could also sprinkle table salt everywhere in your house to kill the fleas and flea eggs. You need to study the life span of the flea and vacuum and reapply as needed a few times until they are all gone.

Lastly Cedarcide is really good. It seems to work almost like the nasty chemical insecticides yet it is completely natural made from the Red Cedar tree in Texas. You may need to get it on-line.

I hope this helps. Lucky you on your new housemates! They sound adorable! I'm jealous!

Old 05-15-2013, 05:02 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
Why oh why do people post in a thread before they read the entire thread? It's lazy and causes a great deal of confusion. Also FOLKS, CHECK OUT ANY DATES OF POSTS BEFORE REPLYING.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:29 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
Thread closed at the request of the OP. But , if you do not wish to have your posts revived, please do not respond to them. That way they will not be bumped up front & will soon be relegated to the netherworld of cyberspace. Thanks.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats