Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 02:55 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,760,247 times

Advertisements

My 16 mo. old not neutered yet male cat Little Bit is driving me nuts at night. My bed is by a window and chair on other side of it. He comes into room jumps on bed and walks on window sill, out other side jumps down and goes out room.

All the time making his chipping noises and then repeats this nonstop for at least an hour or two every night. Usually in middle of night.

Is this because he is not fixed yet and will this slow down or stop when he gets fixed.

Then my Baby Kitty is 1 yr old and marks everything with his Pee nonstop all day and night long. Drives my wife crazier than she already is.lol

Will this stop also if I get him fixed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 03:08 PM

17,817 posts, read 15,478,142 times
Why are your cats still unneutered? Neutering will help stop all that behavior AND will ensure there are no "oops" if they happen to get out. Intact males especially are notorious for spraying/marking their territory, as well as fighting behaviors and other TOMcat activities.

At 1 yr old your 'baby kitty' is no longer a 'baby.' He's considered a full-fledged adult cat now. 6 months of age is the most-recommended time for spaying/neutering though some vets do it earlier.

All cats should be neutered/spayed unless you're a serious hobby breeder furthering a line. There is no reason to wait. Get both boys neutered STAT!

Old 12-20-2009, 03:30 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,704,038 times
The behavior will stop although not usually overnight. The male hormones have to get out of their systems. And the behavior of walking th window sill may be ingrained enough - probably to see outside cats - that he won't fully stop that. Good luck!

Old 12-20-2009, 03:34 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,343,525 times
Time to get those boys fixed! Problem is neutered males can spray as well...and it may have been become habit...which will be a hard one to break. If it hasn't happened already, one will try and start covering the other with his spray....so you'll have dual marking.
It can takes weeks, even months for the hormones to clear out of they system, so the sooner you get them fixed, the better.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:17 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,128,665 times
I agree. He wants to get his mojo working. As lottamoxie said, get him neutered STAT! He's past grown.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:41 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,760,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Why are your cats still unneutered? Neutering will help stop all that behavior AND will ensure there are no "oops" if they happen to get out. Intact males especially are notorious for spraying/marking their territory, as well as fighting behaviors and other TOMcat activities.

At 1 yr old your 'baby kitty' is no longer a 'baby.' He's considered a full-fledged adult cat now. 6 months of age is the most-recommended time for spaying/neutering though some vets do it earlier.

All cats should be neutered/spayed unless you're a serious hobby breeder furthering a line. There is no reason to wait. Get both boys neutered STAT!
Okay, they will become Steers after X-mas. I just don't want them to be in ANY pain ever. I know, I am a weenie. They are indoor cats and closely monitored when outside.

Baby Kitty is the name of my youngest cat. I want him to stay a baby but he comes to me when I call him Baby Kitty so it shall be his name.

I was hoping the peeing would stop but house we just bought has new carpet and it is hard to keep up with them.

Thanks for nudging me towards getting them fixed.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:55 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,476,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
Okay, they will become Steers after X-mas.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:25 AM

17,817 posts, read 15,478,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
Okay, they will become Steers after X-mas. I just don't want them to be in ANY pain ever.
Dude...they won't be in any pain! It's a very simple/easy surgery and they get pain meds afterwards. It's the kindest thing you can do for them, for your house, and to control cat population.

My female was jumping around within a few hrs after her spay surgery as if nothing had happened. And females go through a much more invasive procedure. Don't be a weeny!

Git 'er done!

Old 12-22-2009, 07:07 PM

622 posts, read 1,719,472 times
Be sure not to de claw if they offer it along with a neuter.... in some cases the physical emotional/behavioral effects of de clawing are so bad your probably better off not ever neutering then having this done I've seen a few toms that actually are nicer then de claw cases. But these were purebreds.

All things aside NEUTER ASAP!!!!

Old 12-22-2009, 09:02 PM

15,117 posts, read 32,228,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride View Post
Be sure not to de claw if they offer it along with a neuter.... in some cases the physical emotional/behavioral effects of de clawing are so bad your probably better off not ever neutering then having this done I've seen a few toms that actually are nicer then de claw cases. But these were purebreds.

All things aside NEUTER ASAP!!!!
THIS IS OFF TOPIC!

I've never known OR heard of any vet to offer declawing along with a neuter/spay. If you take you cat in get neutered/spayed, that's what you get!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats