Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:23 AM

3 posts, read 16,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
That's weird....maybe she'd rather be in the basement but it seems odd that she wouldn't just relocate them one at a time and keep them there. Does she seem to be uncomfortable when they all nurse at once?
Hard to tell. She is pretty young, she seems to always have the eyes of "OMG what did I do" the last 2 days. We try to get her as much privacy as possible. Check in on her every so often and give her a bit of attention, make sure she eats and drinks. We have not touched any of the babies.

EDIT - Ok now she has moved them all to the basement. I really do not think it is the right place for them to be. Its winter here and its an unfinished basement and the box she moved them too is not lined, and has misc junk in it. I moved the box she gave birth in down there and changed the lining in it. Im hoping she atleast puts them in there. The question is now, is it safe for me to move them somewhere safe? I have a bedroom I can move them too and lock them in with food and litter that wont be so cold.

Last edited by Reako007; 03-10-2011 at 02:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 07:49 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,419,517 times
I'd definitely move them to a warmer place if you can keep Momma from moving them back. Also wash your hands or use sanitizer before touching them. Their immune systems are very weak the first couple of months. They do need to get used to people though. Good luck!

Old 01-23-2012, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,953 times
hi my cat had her babys early hours of sunday morning doing very well but she hasnt had a wee or poo!! she is eating and drinking ok and shes got a litter tray with her, is this common or does she need 2 see a vet??

Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,986,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally beevis View Post
hi my cat had her babys early hours of sunday morning doing very well but she hasnt had a wee or poo!! she is eating and drinking ok and shes got a litter tray with her, is this common or does she need 2 see a vet??
It's normal for them to not go for 24 hours - after that, check with your vet. Why was she not spayed before this happened?

Old 11-01-2012, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,761 times
can someone plz help my cat whos a year and a half had 4 kittens 2 days ago but she has just been sick what is causing this as im really worried about her.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:09 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,561,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon9471 View Post
can someone plz help my cat whos a year and a half had 4 kittens 2 days ago but she has just been sick what is causing this as im really worried about her.
Please call your vet. And please, get her spayed when the kittens are weaned, and the kittens spayed and neutered, too.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:22 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,986,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon9471 View Post
There are no Lic' vets here and no one can diagnose her problem over the internet. She may have an infection in her uterine horns, a dead kitten inside or any number of things. Get her to your vet as soon as you can if you care about her at all.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:03 AM

7 posts, read 11,180 times
My cat just had 2 kittens ( both black). When she was having her first kitten she tried to jump in her litter box. we moved the litter box and put the kitten and her on folded pillow case, also set up a box next to her. She is nursing them really well and we don't seem to bother her if we walk into the room. My husband says she is purring loud I am getting her fixed asap and not letting her outside untill then. she has not chosen to use the box.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:34 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisia530 View Post
My cat just had 2 kittens ( both black). When she was having her first kitten she tried to jump in her litter box. we moved the litter box and put the kitten and her on folded pillow case, also set up a box next to her. She is nursing them really well and we don't seem to bother her if we walk into the room. My husband says she is purring loud I am getting her fixed asap and not letting her outside untill then. she has not chosen to use the box.
Sounds like she is doing well, but why, oh why, oh why, was she not spayed BEFORE she got pregnant?

Please do keep us posted on her progress, and know that pictures are always welcome!!

(And if anything starts to go wrong, please consult a vet ASAP!!)

Old 03-20-2013, 09:11 AM

7 posts, read 11,180 times
She has her kittens in the box and is doing great... I will post a pic later. As soon as her kittens are weaned she is getting spayed I promise. I just couldn't afford it then. There are alot of cats in this park that were left here after a fire a couple years ago and people feed them but can't afford to fix them. animal control has been here and they suggest to neighbors to stop feeding the cats and use that money to get them fixed. When I first got her as a kitten she was covered in fleas, it was sad ( washed her with diluted dawn soap to kill the fleas, it worked). I got her from a neighbor who can't afford to fix there cat and had trouble getting rid of the kittens and his problem is only getting worse. I really don't know what to suggest to these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats