U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:07 PM

2,455 posts, read 5,487,749 times

Advertisements

I am in need of a safe place to cry. So, I have come here!

It all started yesterday.....holding my breath AGAIN.....shaking.....praying.....
that Prinny voids after taking a new remedy. Then this morning, still no pee, and feeling like my head was about 3 times the size.....remember those 3 brains I have?.......couldn't breathe for anything......believe it or not I am allergic to cat dander.....yeah...go ahead, have a LOL on me!.....and then the phone rings as I am trying to dish up breakfast for my 15 cats.

It was the vet who will be doing Whisper's neutering in two weeks. On the phone, she mentioned Rabies vaccination.....let's do it while he is under anesthesia, she says.....NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I replied.....we don't even know if he is FIV+ yet!.....I continued. And you NEVER vaccinate an FIV+ cat! (thought only....did NOT say this out loud to her....did not want to get into a debate on the phone with her, especially with the three heads things going on) NEVER!

She mentioned it again........NO! I said.....wait.....I thought......I know how to get her off my back.......OK, I will think about it, I promise you, I finally say....this is what I finally agreed to,but!......THOUGHT ONLY.....one second......answer still no......this only in my mind...not said! HA! I promised her I would think about it, and I did! (sigh) These vets will just not respect MY choice in NOT getting my cats vaccinated any longer. And I mean as in NEVER AGAIN! I have read too much about what vets do NOT want you to know about vaccinations to ever vaccinate my cats again!

That was only the beginning of my day. YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! Prinny voided! My one and only highlight of the day!

Opened an email from my Mom......never has supported me not once because I am not doing what SHE wants me to do with my life. Anyways, she wants me to support the SPCA due to lack of funds for food! I saw red! Wrote back......WHAT ABOUT ME, MOM???? WHAT IN THE HECK DO YOU THINK I AM DOING???? NOT ONLY AM I RESCUING DYING, ILL AND ABUSED CATS, MOSTLY WILD, BUT I AM HEALING THEM AS WELL!!!! WHAT ABOUT ME, MOTHER?????? (still have't gotten the nerve to go to my email yet to see her response.)

Ran out of some of my remedies and had to restock them, by filling them by hand from out of these tiny dram bottles, without spilling them or knocking them over.....a total of 11 bottles into a large glass 40z. bottle. Decided to start 2 of my cats on Homeopathic Remedies in hopes these will help them....one is a FLUTD with terrible muscle spasms, and the other has hip problems, probably arthritis. Then, Prinny, who was given a new homeopathy remedy to help her have a bowel movement, did not respond, even though my source said EXACTLY the symptoms she has. So, I put her back on the remedy that did work. DUH! Don't fix what doesn't need fixing! Now the waiting begins AGAIN for her to have a BM.

Then, two males decided to go at it.....Spring is just around the corner! I had to break them up, by sprinting up the stairs as fast as I could when I heard the commotion. Ears bit, top of head scratched, fur all over the place. Dressed the wounds with Betadine and told the cat, DO NOT LICK THIS OFF OR WIPE IT OFF! So far, he has complied! (whew!)

I am still so darn tired from the weeks of non-stop action and study and work in attempts to save Prinny's life and taking care of a new rescue a the same time, who was near death , BUT because I drank TWO cups of coffee instead of my normal one to not only wake up, but to clear the congestion in my head, I am not able to sleep. Now, I would love to take a nap, but am writing this instead.....too wired to sleep.

Opened a few business emails regarding some investments I am involved with my sister......got cross-eyed.....and forwarded them all to her....HELP!

Oh, yes, let's not forget hubs who keeps turning the internet off when I am posting here today! One more time, buddy, your hand gets broken!

Then there is...........oops no more cat topics. So, I will stop here! Anyone ever have one of these days??? Thanks for taking the time to read these words of mine.....I don't know if this thread is appropriate or if I am breaking any rules.......if I am, I apologize. Are we allowed to cry and vent here regarding a hard day related to cats, and not just to ask questions regarding cats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 03:20 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,132,988 times
*hugs*

It's not much, it's all I have to offer you.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:37 PM

3,402 posts, read 12,217,650 times
(((HUGS))) garden of eden. We're all here with ya. I'm sorry your day has been so hectic and frustrating. Let us know how whispers does in recovery!

Old 02-10-2010, 03:44 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,573,823 times
Can you cry and vent here? Well, for my two cents on the matter..... YES! Nobody is as understanding as a fellow kitty lover.

I read this a long time ago in Dear Abby. Don't know where it comes from originally:

Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
No doubt some blunders and absurdities have crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is another day.

Hugs from me too!

Hang in there!

Old 02-10-2010, 03:51 PM

1,975 posts, read 3,251,782 times
Close your eyes...take a deep breath and release...repeat

Today is almost over.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:16 PM

I tried giving all of you reps, but I guess the limit of how many I can give you is up....at least for now. Thanks, friends. And I mean thanks! I am certainly glad that all my days are not like this, yet when they do happen, it is a deluge. A job title such as mine, with as many as I have, makes for a very solitary life. I truly don't mind for I have given my life to helping these precious animals, and to keep researching for many different modalities of healing, away from mainstream. These animals deserve a good quality life, and there are so many that are mistreated, hurt, and outright abused. I really try not to focus on that, but that knowledge is always in the back of my mind, making me even more determined to make a difference, and to leave my mark upon this earth.

God bless all of you for responding. I'm really going to try to make an early night of it, after my final meal for these guys, all the remedies and treatments are given, all litters cleaned, and the house closed down for the night. After this post, I am shutting my computer off, and doing exactly as I said in the previous statement. I am so glad I found this forum....now I cannot imagine my life without it! Good night, everyone.....blessings from the Garden of Eden......

Old 02-10-2010, 05:19 PM

PS....Marylandkitiens, you were wondering how I handle things with 15 cats in, 1 out. Some days I don't, and this is one of them. I guess I am human after all. (smile)

Old 02-10-2010, 07:53 PM

OK. So I snuck back on here after I turned my computer off. Good reason why. I need prayers friends, please. Prinny did not void tonight as her usual pattern. I changed her remedies yesterday. Long story. But, anyways, back to the research, and my "gut" is telling me she needs the both, a combination of both remedies. I still don't know if this is going to work, but I can only hope. I have been working with this cat since last October and I still don't have her stable. This is why I really need a Homeopath Vet to agree to be a "team member" so that I can consult with him. I wrote a 7 page letter to a certain vet, and I am waiting for his reply. Please pray that he agrees. I really need help with Prinny. I am NOT in the very least qualified for dosing Homeopathy....I am just beginning to study this science.

Thank you......Thank you......and good night all!

Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 PM

5,127 posts, read 10,246,610 times
Oh, I am so sorry you are having such a rough day!!! I hope tomorrow will be better for you. Thank you so very much for helping so many animals. I understand how you feel about vaccines, I feel the same and so does the homeopathic vet I go to. My cats are strictly indoors and I don't see any need to expose them to the possible dangers of vaccines, they are all happy and HEALTHY without them. Many people think it is just that a person is "too cheap", NOT at all. I spend lots of money on food and care for them, but I believe that animals are so over-vacinated. Feeding the best diet and giving them as stress free of an environment as possible makes all the difference in their health.
I hope Prinny will void soon, poor baby. Sending you lots of good thoughts and hugs.

forum rules, please read them

Last edited by katzenfreund; 02-10-2010 at 10:27 PM..

Old 02-11-2010, 06:22 AM

700 posts, read 2,937,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Oh, I am so sorry you are having such a rough day!!! I hope tomorrow will be better for you. Thank you so very much for helping so many animals. I understand how you feel about vaccines, I feel the same and so does the homeopathic vet I go to. My cats are strictly indoors and I don't see any need to expose them to the possible dangers of vaccines, they are all happy and HEALTHY without them. Many people think it is just that a person is "too cheap", NOT at all. I spend lots of money on food and care for them, but I believe that animals are so over-vacinated. Feeding the best diet and giving them as stress free of an environment as possible makes all the difference in their health.
I hope Prinny will void soon, poor baby. Sending you lots of good thoughts and hugs.
I totally understand how you feel. We lost one to vaccine associated sarcoma and we are beginning to wonder about the vaccines as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats