Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2015, 01:00 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,206,752 times

Advertisements

Had to share.

Kitty and I have moved in to a new place.

Ive barely slept since due to the late night prowlers coming around.

The furry kind.

Anyway my kitty gives as good as she gets, this morning she woke me by hissing at the neighbor cat outside the window at 3am.

im a bit tired of all this so I get up to chase the intruder away.

I reach the front door just in time to see my kitty leap outside to do the same thing, right in front of my eyes she bravely chased the other cat who tore across the road.

Imagine my horror as The Only Car On the Road in the Entire Town at 3am suddenly appears from Nowhere and bears down on my baby who by now was halfway across the road.

Thank GOD she turned back and ran home and is safe now but it looks like the shock of it all has me awake the rest of the night!

The intruder got away, no doubt to repeat the exercise tomorrow night!

Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 10:14 AM

36,499 posts, read 53,776,198 times
You might not want to hear this but your cat should be kept inside. It is dangerous and asking for trouble to let them outside. Cars, other cats and dogs, wild critters. All you have to do is find your baby mangled from a fight with a raccoon to convince you of this.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:11 PM

20,207 posts, read 14,434,494 times
Agreed. Keep your cat inside.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:57 AM

23,897 posts, read 10,269,303 times
Enjoy:>)

CATalunia Boy’s Choir…. Yes Cat-alunia…… really funny! | Cute Puppy Love

Old 01-14-2015, 11:59 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,348,070 times
A cat's life span is more than two times longer if kept inside 24/7.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:40 PM

41,711 posts, read 74,654,678 times
I went to clean cages at the rescue this morning and fell in love with a cat -- a beautiful, 2-year-old grey British shorthair. When I opened her cage, she leapt onto my chest and started nuzzling my face. All she wanted to do was snuggle and play.

Not to mention that she hadn't kicked any litter out of her box. That alone gave her my undying affection. LOL

Alas, as I played with her my allergies really triggered. And I can't afford another cat at the moment. So, Cookie's and Checkers' domain is safe for now.

She's so adorable she'll be adopted soon.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:35 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,244,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I went to clean cages at the rescue this morning and fell in love with a cat -- a beautiful, 2-year-old grey British shorthair. When I opened her cage, she leapt onto my chest and started nuzzling my face. All she wanted to do was snuggle and play.

Not to mention that she hadn't kicked any litter out of her box. That alone gave her my undying affection. LOL

Alas, as I played with her my allergies really triggered. And I can't afford another cat at the moment. So, Cookie's and Checkers' domain is safe for now.

She's so adorable she'll be adopted soon.
That's the inherent danger of volunteering, and I applaud you for doing it. I could not, however, as I tend to turn to mush in the presence of a needy cat. I fear I would be overrun with felines far beyond my capacity in short order. I'm just thankful for you and others who are willing & able to help them. Hope this cat is adopted soon. Paws crossed.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:17 PM

41,711 posts, read 74,654,678 times
If she were a stray, or if she were at a kill shelter, I'd have snagged her immediately and worried about the consequences later. But she'll always have a home for as long as she lives, even if she's never adopted. All of our cats are in foster homes, except for when they're at the adoption sites at pet shops, where they stay for two weeks and then go back to the foster home.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:07 AM

36,499 posts, read 53,776,198 times
Sounds like a wonderful rescue. I wish I could personally volunteer at a shelter but i KNOW I would turn into a hoarder and my DH has put his foot down with the 4 pets we already have. i would lie awake all night worrying about them. So for now i write donation checks and pass the word on my FB page.

I did just volunteer to help our Lost and Found of the Triangle Area by posting notices to the page as they come in. Even that will be so tempting.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:16 AM

20,207 posts, read 14,434,494 times
I met the CEO of a rescue animal trasport nonprofit recently (she is the captain of a pool team we were shooting against.) I was able to pass her info along to a friend of mine who works in rescue in Baltimore. This org does transport all over the US for rescue creatures that are having trouble finding homes where they are.

www.kindredheartstransportconnection.org

If anyone has a need or maybe wants to volunteer or something.

(EDIT: I think I was mistaken and she was actually the CFO or something else...but it doesn't matter. Point is, it's a darn cool service. And another cool rescue related thing one could donate to if one wanted to do so.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats