Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2010, 05:44 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times

Advertisements

I did something bad today.

And I feel perfectly comfortable blabbing it in here, even though it is ridiculously "not" related to anything having to do with kitties!!!!

*ahem*

So I'm at work. At my second job, standing behind the counter at my frame shop, feet throbbing, head pounding, stomach growling, ticking away the time until I can begin to close up shop and go home and get some sleep! ... when outside this trio of adolescent ill-behaved teens take up residence on the bench outside the glass windows/walls. (there's a bus stop right there for the local center, so everyone at the shop has gotten pretty used to having to put up with people waiting directly outside of the shop, and some of them are less than friendly, cleanly, or amicable). I was drawn from my forum browsing by the peels of laughter and shrieking, giggling, and singing at the top of their lungs (the trio consisted of 2 females, obviously the best of buds, and a boy, gangly, earphones, pants hanging down to his ankles, etc) The girl inparticular that I chose to unleash my passive aggressive frustration on (if not sadistic sense of humor), couldn't have been more than 15. Low cut jeans, midriff tank top, lots of blooming cleavage, and this incredibly beautiful hair that she kept whipping around, and tossing around, and running her fingers through. (I'm a people watcher. But not in a creepy way ) lol -
I watched back and forth as the three sat there, lounged, bounced, yelled, richocheted off the sidewalk, etc, and I finally grabbed the shop phone and a cigarette and went outside when the girl in question that was by far the loudest (anyone watching would have seen it was a ploy to maintain the boy's attention while they waited) layed down on the bench, wriggling around and teasing the poor boy standing next to her, - all the while still flinging her hair.

So I calmly stroll outside, poker faced, lite my cigarette, and casually ask if they're waiting on the bus. To which one of them replied, "mind your own business".

*smile*

"So.. ok. Just thought I'd mention that there was a little kid here waiting with his mom for the bus not even 20 minutes ago, and he threw up all over the end of the bench where you're laying. I cleaned it up the best I could, but... yeah."

The girl sat bolt up right and kept repeating "are you kidding me? are you KIDDING ME?" flinging her hair and proceeded to freak out. I stood there smoking, choking on laughter, until she paused, put her hands to her face, and said. "oh God, oh GOD - I can smell it in my hair - I can SMELL IT ALL OVER MY HAIR IT'S IN MY HAIR"

This is the part where I would have ended the scene, and walked away with a soft chuckle.. but the teen girl put her hair to her nose, started to look a little green, and with no warning whatsoever, began retching over the side of the bench.

Needless to say, they left in a hurry. Without saying another word. The bus came and went. I guess they were just killing time.

The irony of the story is.. I was out there for 10 minutes in a half-hearted attempt to clean up the mess that SHE left next to the bench, with no one but myself to blame.

Here's hoping she doesn't read this forum. lol

Last edited by Marylandkitten; 04-17-2010 at 05:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 09:54 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,490,423 times
@MarylandKitten - ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2010, 10:09 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
I'll keep the hijacking alive, b/c that reminds me of a story. (What else is new?) One Saturday afternoon, I was strolling down the main street of a nearby suburban town when I noticed a bottle-blonde fortyish woman being handcuffed by cops. She'd apparently "had a few" and had been acting up. Not far down the block, a "mean grrrls" group of about a half-dozen - all also bottled- or actual blonde - was watching and giggling. This was when platform shoes had made a comeback as the "it" footwear, so needless to say each of these seventh-to-tenth-graders had a pair on. Obviously they were spoiled brats who were having some malicious laughs at the drunken lady's expense. So I decided to have some fun. As I walked past, I called out, "They're rounding up blondes. Watch out." Frenzied whispering ensued. I continued on my way only to hear one of them jump up from her bench and yell, "HA HA. That was SOOOOO funny." One of her friends then jumped up to parrot her: "Yeah, that was SOOOO..." whereupon she tripped on her platform shoes and pitched forward, landing flat on her face on the sidewalk. SPLAT! As I gave way to convulsions of laughter, there was a chorus of "oh m'gawd" as the other girls showed exaggerated concern (if there was any to begin with) for their fallen comrade.

Back on track now! My "Weasie" once also crossed state lines and became known to the police. To this day, at the age of seventeen, she persists in accosting people unknown to her on the sidewalks of our neighborhood to see what she can scam out of them. On this particular night in February of 1995, her stepdad was at work and she found herself outside, so she decided to talk her way into a warm house and maybe some treats. What this led to was a message on my phone from the local police department to call them about my cat. I did so upon returning home, and the officer on duty said he had a phone number for the people who'd brought her in. ("They said she kept following them, and they didn't want her getting run over on the busy street [in front of the PD.]") He started off with "603..." I went ballistic. "MY CAT'S IN NEW HAMPSHIRE?!!!" Instead of returning Weasie to the quiet block where she lives, these folks decided to cart her some fifty miles or so up the road. Needless to say, there wasn't a convenient time in the near future when they could bring her back, so there I was on a sleep-deprived + slushy + rainy day making a road trip north. I met them in a fast-food restaurant parking lot near the Interstate, as though contraband was being transferred, and hauled my precious cargo home. (Saving money at one of NH's tax-free liquor stores was a nice added bonus, lol.)

Old 04-17-2010, 10:35 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
ROFL. I guess Weasie had a mighty fine tour of the countryside and a nice little vacation.

I think there is a moral to this story but I'm not sure what it is. ahahahahahahaha!

Old 04-19-2010, 12:05 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times
Goyguy, you're a great storyteller! And that Weasie.. . ...the stories She has created.
O.My. Goodness.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:27 PM

557 posts, read 1,352,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
I did something bad today.

And I feel perfectly comfortable blabbing it in here, even though it is ridiculously "not" related to anything having to do with kitties!!!!

[
FTW, great story

Old 04-21-2010, 02:43 PM

672 posts, read 5,093,265 times
LOL! What a clever move Marylandkitten! LOVED that story!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:47 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Cats Rule!

Cats Rule: Now the Most Popular Pet in the Country

Cat lovers have often been known to remark that "Cats rule while dogs drool". So this "mewsy" item should catch the eye of all avid feline fanciers!

Cats Rule: Now the Most Popular Pet in the Country | Blogs about Dogs, Cats and Pets | Petside.com

Old 04-23-2010, 03:47 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times
Another great saying which I'll repeat is:

"Dogs have Masters ~ Cats have Staff"

LOL, so true. And yes, cats do rule...

Old 04-23-2010, 04:46 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times
We have a new male hanging around (I posted some pics in my other thread about the pregnant cat).

Here's a video.

Picasa Web Albums - 11215212228724963...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats