Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 08:10 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,829,880 times

Advertisements

The stray is going to get fixed tomorrow. I set the carrier down on the floor in the house after I got it ready. One of our house cats (already spayed) crawled right in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 07:51 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,371,426 times
My cats are giving ME the stink eye.. they know!

I'm getting ready to leave - big doggy adoption event day that I'm helping with today downtown!! So excited. Hopefully some happy loving doggies can wag their way into someone's heart today! Wish us luck!

Sprinklin' some extra yummy treats for the fuzzbutts at home before I dash out the door.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:51 PM

387 posts, read 2,131,134 times
I love my cats so much! I came home from work in a crappy mood and as soon as I opened the door and saw them staring at me and demanding pets, my crappy mood went away.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:13 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,326,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTaylor View Post
I love my cats so much! I came home from work in a crappy mood and as soon as I opened the door and saw them staring at me and demanding pets, my crappy mood went away.

I understand all to well. I had a rough day yesterday with the check engine light popping on the car while I'm 200 miles away from home. I got home safely and the cats were VERY happy to see me. You can have the worst of times- but when you come home it all seems to vanish!

Old 08-02-2010, 06:38 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseystarz View Post
I understand all to well. I had a rough day yesterday with the check engine light popping on the car while I'm 200 miles away from home. I got home safely and the cats were VERY happy to see me. You can have the worst of times- but when you come home it all seems to vanish!
Uh, oh. . .I hope it's not too expensive! I really don't like it when that happens. Thing is, one has to check it out, but I know from experience there's a whole gamut of reasons for getting that warning.

Hope it all works out without it costing too many $$$.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Uh, oh. . .I hope it's not too expensive! I really don't like it when that happens. Thing is, one has to check it out, but I know from experience there's a whole gamut of reasons for getting that warning.

Hope it all works out without it costing too many $$$.
Thanks! I'll find out from my mechanic what happened tomorrow.

Cars and cats is what I seem to blow all my money on....LOL

Old 08-02-2010, 07:37 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,371,426 times
That's why I love my Dodge.. lol

I work at a Chevy Dealership for one of my jobs I see people pay $123.86 for a diagnostics check only - the lil thing that plugs in and reads the code, what it means when their check engine light is on.

Back when I first bought my Dodge Truck, one of the first things I found on a dodge website was a neato trick, if you turn the key three times to the "on" position, without ever starting the car, after the third time, instead of reading the digital mileage where it should, it reads the code (if a light is on).

So whenever a light pops on, I freak out, do my key trick, go google the code and save myself a bucket of money - lol. Because it will tell me right there if I need to go buy a starter, or if my gas cap was loose, if my transmission is slipping, etc etc. Others might think it's silly.. but this is the one main selling feature that makes me always only and ever want to own a dodge... for peace of mind on the friggin spot!!!

But oye, this had nothing to do with cats. So for an added on-topic tidbit... I bought a 7 and a half foot carpetted cat complex on Saturday night!!! It's got 2 bedrooms, like 7 platforms, 3 built in scratching posts, 3 dangling balls on string, 2 little ramps... and better yet - it's RIGHT BEHIND ME against one of the windows I keep open I can hear them binging off of it all night long, lol. They lay in the breeze behind the screen on their fluffy platforms now, or dangle in the sun from the platforms, or poking their heads out of the holes in the miniature bedroom walls - I will post a pic when I plug my phone in! But for now.. this is it! Armarkat Faux Fleece Deluxe Cat Tree at PETCO Got it for $150. but the website says 127?? HMMMMM!!!! I'm gonna have to go knock some skulls in the next time I pick up my kitty food.
Attached Thumbnails
Kitty Chat Thread  =^..^=-complex.jpg  

Old 08-02-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
That's why I love my Dodge.. lol

I work at a Chevy Dealership for one of my jobs I see people pay $123.86 for a diagnostics check only - the lil thing that plugs in and reads the code, what it means when their check engine light is on.

Back when I first bought my Dodge Truck, one of the first things I found on a dodge website was a neato trick, if you turn the key three times to the "on" position, without ever starting the car, after the third time, instead of reading the digital mileage where it should, it reads the code (if a light is on).

So whenever a light pops on, I freak out, do my key trick, go google the code and save myself a bucket of money - lol. Because it will tell me right there if I need to go buy a starter, or if my gas cap was loose, if my transmission is slipping, etc etc. Others might think it's silly.. but this is the one main selling feature that makes me always only and ever want to own a dodge... for peace of mind on the friggin spot!!!

But oye, this had nothing to do with cats. So for an added on-topic tidbit... I bought a 7 and a half foot carpetted cat complex on Saturday night!!! It's got 2 bedrooms, like 7 platforms, 3 built in scratching posts, 3 dangling balls on string, 2 little ramps... and better yet - it's RIGHT BEHIND ME against one of the windows I keep open I can hear them binging off of it all night long, lol. They lay in the breeze behind the screen on their fluffy platforms now, or dangle in the sun from the platforms, or poking their heads out of the holes in the miniature bedroom walls - I will post a pic when I plug my phone in! But for now.. this is it! Armarkat Faux Fleece Deluxe Cat Tree at PETCO Got it for $150. but the website says 127?? HMMMMM!!!! I'm gonna have to go knock some skulls in the next time I pick up my kitty food.
Luckily for me I won't be out a huge bill on the test. My mechanic just throws it in. I've been a long time customer for years. I avoid going to a dealer if at all possible.

We've had Dodges and Fords and Chevys all for the shop. And I can't say which one is the better...cause this is the CAT forum....LOL

But I will say the shop cats like climbing on the Dodge as it's a bigger truck and makes a wonderful place for them to play. Plus, it's the tallest truck in our fleet at the moment.

That cat complex looks pretty sweet.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:32 PM

387 posts, read 2,131,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseystarz View Post
Cats are the best

Glad you got home safely!

Old 08-03-2010, 12:19 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,081 times
MK, I love your new Kitty Kondo! I'll bet they're all lovin' it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats