Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 05:57 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times

Advertisements

I have come to the realization that my cat runs my life and I'm his bytch lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 08:59 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times
Jeff Foxworthy on why cats only get sick at night
Jeff Foxworthy on why cats only get sick at night - YouTube

Old 05-14-2013, 11:54 AM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times
Nearly stepped on a dead mouse in my own living room floor.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
FRISKY NIMBUS IS HILARIOUS.

I was getting ready to take a nap on Sunday afternoon, snuggled under my blanket on the bed. Nimbus had been wandering around on the bed and was about to jump off at the foot of the bed...he was thinking about it anyhow...and I wiggled my toes under the blanket at him. He turns his head all fast and makes this mega-sideways-power-leap onto my toes, all claws and teeth like. Unfortunately his momentum was more than he bargained for with that sideways jump, and his body continued to roll. He rolled sideways right off the edge of the bed!

Fortunately nothing was injured but his pride.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:45 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times
^^^ Love this story! It's always interesting to see the principle of Unintended Consequences as they happen to someone else...

Old 05-25-2013, 10:07 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Default Yucky, grimy mouse

My cats have many soft toys lying around. One cat will play with any except the largest of them. One doesn't play with any, but does walk around yowling with a big pink and white mouse after I go to bed. My youngest will only play with one of the toys, a little green and white mouse. He loves it. He bats it around and carries it from room to room. He has somehow gotten it really disgusting, but I'm afraid to wash it. There is another pristine mouse just like it, but he doesn't play with it. I'd love to wash it but I'm afraid I'd "ruin" it and it's the only one he likes! He loves it so much, I just can't bear the thought of spoiling it for him. If someone's coming over and I see it, I kick it out of view but it does bother me a little that he's playing with something so dirty. What would you do?

Old 05-25-2013, 02:06 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
My cats have many soft toys lying around. One cat will play with any except the largest of them. One doesn't play with any, but does walk around yowling with a big pink and white mouse after I go to bed. My youngest will only play with one of the toys, a little green and white mouse. He loves it. He bats it around and carries it from room to room. He has somehow gotten it really disgusting, but I'm afraid to wash it. There is another pristine mouse just like it, but he doesn't play with it. I'd love to wash it but I'm afraid I'd "ruin" it and it's the only one he likes! He loves it so much, I just can't bear the thought of spoiling it for him. If someone's coming over and I see it, I kick it out of view but it does bother me a little that he's playing with something so dirty. What would you do?
Just let him continue to enjoy it And for sure, kick it out of view when company comes!

Old 05-25-2013, 02:15 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Quote:
If it's not broke, don't fix it

Old 05-25-2013, 07:07 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
Don't wash it. I once had to wash my Bridge Angel Boy's Pink Mouse Skin (all that was left of the original fur mouse) because it got caught in the soapy water from a leaky washing machine. I felt like a murderer and he was desolate.

January 20, 2009-look how sad he is, pathos in every line of him

It took more than a month before he would play with it again:

February 24, 2009-happy again!

Old 05-25-2013, 07:35 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Aww, I love happy endings! Those pictures do tell a story!
I'm sold. Dusty's treasured little mouse will stay nice and grey, just the way he likes it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats