Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:12 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,273,342 times

Advertisements

For Christmas we got a stroller for our cats. It has two removable cage like things that fit on the wheel base.

It will be so much easier to take them to the vet with this, carrying the airline cages does my back in and I can't take more then one at a time.

We have also started taking the cats for a walk around the neighborhood. They have a great time smelling everything that blows their way AND of course complete strangers come up to us and tell us how pretty our kitties are so its a win win.

My daughter wanted the one that was in pink but I thought it too feminine for our boy kitties, the one we have is forest green, burgundy and navy.

Yes we spoil our cats but we have fun doing it. Even now that the cages are just sitting here in the house, they cats LOVE to get in them and sit there...they are so funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 12:42 PM

13,908 posts, read 39,079,600 times
Waiting to go....Why not post a picture of them strolling?

Old 05-30-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Waiting to go....Why not post a picture of them strolling?

I will post one as soon as I figure out how...they are so cute in their little stroller and people all come up to my daughter to ask where she got it.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:03 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,187,691 times
I'd like to find something like those baby carriers where the cat would ride in it, snuggled up next to your chest. The kind you wear like a backpack, but in the front. We have one cat that always wants to be held and carried, but it's a pain when you're trying to do something. That way, your hands would be free.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:43 PM

Check Midnight Pass Online Catalog, Products that Make Sense...

This is the company we got our stroller from, I know I have seen what your talking about somewhere but I can't place it for sure.

Another source we look at often is the Dr. Foster Smith mail order catalog so either of the places might have it and I believe both will send you a catalog.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:42 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,187,691 times
Thanks, Lisa, I'll try it. That Dr. Foster SMith is a neat catlog, but I haven't received one in quite a while.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:32 AM

35 posts, read 194,826 times
I'm happy to see that other people love their kitties as much as I do.
Your stroller idea sounds wonderful, as my girls are 15 and 16 years old (that's 76 and 80 un human terms). I used to take them out on harnesses with retractable leashes when they were younger. Now they will wander areound for a short time then want to go in. I bet they would like the stroller!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 12:56 AM

Your girls are the prime candidate for the kitty stroller. It also makes getting them to the vet alot easier.
There is even places on the back and side to keep your keys and a drink.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:47 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,075,985 times
My cats were rescued from the great outdoors eleven years ago. They have never wanted to go outdoors again. I took one of them out once and he totally freaked out. I suppose they had enough of the outdoors to last a lifetime.

That being said, the stroller is a great idea!

Old 06-02-2007, 03:10 PM

Whats funny about my Salem ( I call him Houdini) he likes to escape but when he does get out he hunkers down to the ground lke he is affraid...when they are in their stroller they don't seem affraid at all, the back part has a cover over it so they can hide in there...

My daughter thinks its the best thing in life to take them out on a walk...sometimes I let her take it down to the mail box, which is at the end of the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats