U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 8,330 times

Advertisements

I'm having the same problem.expect my cats are.destroying my box springs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 09:42 AM

5,859 posts, read 11,581,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britters08 View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum. Flip the box springs over and attach a sturdy sheet of fabric over them in place of the gauzy covering. A heavy cotton sheet is usually effective. The cats can then go under the bed, but not get up into the box springs.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:24 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,775,819 times
Dunno...
My cat would never run from me (nor any one else, even strangers unless they have a mean dog/animal with them) even with many under the bed access...

She'll be greeting me when I come home, greeting me when I come upstairs or if I am gone too long... my kitty will start looking for me. One thing she even loves doing... hanging out with us when the whole family gathers to watch TV. This kitty will not want to be "left out" of any activities at all... shes a bug but we love her.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:26 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,775,819 times
Quote:
Use multi-layered bedskirts... they'll look pretty.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:01 PM

1,378 posts, read 3,487,853 times
Why do cats go under the bed?

Because you can't.

Our cat is nearly four years old and still likes to get under the bed. She isn't the most sociable cat in the world to begin with. she especially likes to hide under there when we have company or when my wife vacuums.

One time we had someone visit who brought their dogs with them. They are small yappy type dogs. Of course, the cat went to her favorite place. One dog caught a whiff and went chasing her under the bed, yapping the whole time.

Then I heard a loud HISSSSSS....MEOW!!!!!! The dog quickly emerged, producing a more whiny yapping, asking his master why his snout just got scratched.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:39 PM

14,693 posts, read 22,331,865 times
Easiest solution to keep cats from under the bed? Stack a bunch of stuff under there so they can't get under it.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:43 AM

2 posts, read 8,330 times
thank you so much,i will have to try it.they only do it on my side of the bed and not their dads side.so its quite annoying.now i will have to get my boyfriend to help me get the king size mattress off the bed. =]

Old 02-27-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
thank you so much,i will have to try it.they only do it on my side of the bed and not their dads side.so its quite annoying.now i will have to get my boyfriend to help me get the king size mattress off the bed. =]
Yes, it will take some work, but then it will be done. Remember to use a heavy sheet, and attach firmly, leaving no gaps a cat can slip through. I'd recommend a glue gun, glue all the way around, then heavy staples on top of that.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:58 AM

2,890 posts, read 5,107,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum. Flip the box springs over and attach a sturdy sheet of fabric over them in place of the gauzy covering. A heavy cotton sheet is usually effective. The cats can then go under the bed, but not get up into the box springs.
Even easier - just put a fitted sheet on the underside of the box spring. Because it wraps around - it is unlikely to come off (or be hacked by the little monster).

Old 02-27-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Even easier - just put a fitted sheet on the underside of the box spring. Because it wraps around - it is unlikely to come off (or be hacked by the little monster).
Now why did I never think of that, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats