Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 759 times

Advertisements

What I do is put heavy items in cardboard boxes and put them around to perimeter of my bed and stuff some backpacks or luggage cases in the middle you could also buy plastic bits and put your non fitting or out of season clothes and shoes in it. Basically just stuff under your bed things he can't get under there if there's stuff under it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 05:37 PM

1 posts, read 627 times
i to would like to stop my cat from going under the bed,im afraid itll break and hurt him

Old 01-14-2018, 07:58 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,185,409 times
This original post is from 2010. Hopefully op figured it out by now.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:53 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,356,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy.jones View Post
i to would like to stop my cat from going under the bed,im afraid itll break and hurt him
Block off all the open space around the bed. Use whatever works best for you.... cardboard boxes, old newspapers/magazines, rolled up rugs or blankets, etc. Point is you probably won't be able to 'train' him not go under it. The best and easiest solution is to deny access to it. The other option would be to get a better, more sturdy bed, and eliminate the risk. That might be better for you as well.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:43 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,944,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshQuarters View Post
I have a new to me cat who is 4 years old. He's declawed and perfect in everyway except...... he seems to know he can avoid me by running to the bedroom and getting under my king size bed. I can't get him out except by enticing him with food being put in his bowl --- clanking the bowl with a spoon makes him think I am putting in something tasty!

But it does irk me to no end that I can't get under the bed myself -- too low to the floor, but I think cats can squeeze through a key hole. LOL

Should I put obstacles around the perimeter of the bed or is there some easy home remedy that won't run me out of the room too.

All I want to do is keep my cat out from under the bed. Oh, and I tried some store bought spray called "Boundary" which simply does not work.
Why? My cat chose under my bed as one of her hidey-hole places to go to, and I didn't have a problem with it. She still goes there when outdoor noise gets to be too much for her (thunder, the rare fireworks), and I have absolutely no problem with it, because I let my cat be a cat instead of something that is supposed to keep *me* placated at all times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats